Help regarding WRX bonnet on RX hatchback

CRG77

Hi All,

Hopefully someone can give me some pointers. I am looking at getting the scooped WRX bonnet and fitting it to my RX Hatchback. I have been informed that it should fit. My main question is obviously there is no inter cooler under the scoop. Will this cause any issues especially in regards to rain water etc getting in to the engine bay? Any information or any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks, 

Connor

What about driving in heavy rain? (as we are in England aha). Will constant water not make parts of the engine bay go rusty? Or leak on to any electrics? Just trying to get as much info as I can :)

You shouldn't have a problem - rusty bolts on both the STI I had and the current RX tended to be around the edge of the engine bay nowhere near the scoop airflow - apart from the bolts holding the scoop in place on the bonnet they rusted - I believe - due to the sound proofing blanket holding damp overnight

So did you keep the soundproofing on the underside of the bonnet? and what is directly underneath the bonnet scoop on a hatchback as there is no inter cooler? Is it just the big plastic box that's part of the air filter?