Top Gear F1 boss Eddie Jordan joins Top Gear line-up

Gambit

Eddie-Jordan-Main.jpg

F1 star Eddie Jordan is the latest star to join the new Top Gear line-up.

He is expected to sign his contract in the next couple of days.

Sources from the show have told the Mirror that the contract is just a formality.

Producers hope that Eddie, 67, will bring knowledge about cars and racing, thanks to his background.

Irish Eddie – real name Edmund – was the founder and owner of Jordan Grand Prix from 1991- 2005.

He was the lead analyst for the F1 coverage on the BBC from 2009 to 2015.

Top-Gear-Main.jpg

The racing fanatic will join Matt LeBlanc and Chris Evans when the show returns on May 8th.

Yesterday it was announced that the Friends star will be part of the new line-up.

The Episodes actor is the fastest-ever Star in a Reasonably Priced Car – he famously set an as-yet unbeaten lap time of 1m 42.1s in the Kia cee’d

The American star is just one of the new team of the eagerly awaited return of Top Gear - which is seen as the planet's biggest motoring entertainment show.

They will take over from Jeremy Clarkson, James May, Richard Hammond who previously hosted the hit show.

Matt, who has won a Golden Globe for Episodes, commented: “As a car nut and a massive fan of Top Gear, I'm honoured and excited to be a part of this iconic show’s new chapter. What a thrill!”

LeBlanc’s appointment marks the first time the show has ever had a non-British host in its 39-year history.

Chris Evans said of his new presenter: "Matt’s a lifelong fellow petrolhead and I’m thrilled he’s joining Top Gear. Acting out our craziest car notions on screen is a dream job and I know we’ll both be debating some epic road trip ideas.

“We can’t wait to share what we’ve been up to on screen later this year," he added.

Alan Tyler, the BBC’s Acting Controller for Entertainment Commissioning said: "Matt is a class act and a brilliant signing for Top Gear. He is a self-confessed car fanatic with a passion for the programme. I’m really looking forward to watching Chris and Matt bring the all new show to our audiences."

LeBlanc’s international appeal has grown despite filming the finale of his global hit Friends almost 12 years ago.

The actor is a familiar face to Top Gear viewers too, having been a two-time guest on the show.

LeBlanc also presented the recent standalone spin-off Top Gear: The Races, where he LED fans through some of the most memorable racing moments from the previous 22 series.

BBC have hinted that additional Top Gear cast members will be confirmed shortly.

• Like 1

I think it's going to be awful I won't even entertain it. An American actor presenting a british tv show self confessed car nut. And Eddie now too. not a huge fan of Chris Evans either. I do like his car collection though :biggrin:

Saw another thread that said those three are going to be the top of the pyramid and there's going to be more regular contributors, sabine schmitz & chris Harris have been seen in production meetings by all accounts

I know for a fact I'm not going to watch it. I'll read car magazines instead. What a awful choice of presenters. Why didn't they ask the licence payers for our opinion in a vote or something,  the top 3 get the job if they are available of course. Who can follow Mr Clarkson Mr Hammond and Mr May. It's like following Sir Alex Ferguson so far all crap. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Cosmicalien said:

So guys apart from yourself ( Mr Gambit)  who would you have as your three presenters? 

I'd have scrapped The Idea of Top Gear and tried to rebrand the show as something else. So I wouldn't choose anyone to present Top Gear. :driving:

• Like 2

I think no one could cut it as Top Gear presenters. Jeremy Clarkson has such a way with words that I don't believe Eddie Jordan,  Chris Evans or Matt Le Blanc could come close to however they may have more mechanical skills apart from using a sledge hammer to fix things ie taking off wing mirrors and a dashboard with a hammer lol. Am i judging to quickly. 

• Like 1

Has to be said i o think Chris harris is a pretty good reviewer so i dont think he'll go too wrong on that front. never heard of rory reid haha and eddie jordan is there to stir the pot with some celebs.

looks like its having a more up market proper car review show revamp. It's not what top gear was about so its doomed form a 1. should have dumped the name and createx a new show if they wanted to replace it, there is no way any line up will ever fiull the old teams shoes due to their personalitys, whether you love or loath them

• 1 month later...