possible new owner???

mattp1986

Hi all looking at getting into my first scooby. ill post a link to it here. https://www.gumtree.com/p/subaru/-subaru-impreza-wrx-sti-jdm-spec-dccd-fsh-450bhp-fully-forged-anti-lag-vi-pec-ecu-/1155391947

Does it all look kosha to you guys love to hear what people think before i go and get it. Thanks in advance

Yeah looking forward to trying it out. Always wanted an sti one day. Had posters in my room as a kid can't wait to actually own one. now that I'm old enough to afford to insure one lol. Is there anything to look out for any common faults or just usual checks etc, also worrying about all the mods I know most insurance companies won't touch you with a car heavily modified. 

The usual, check service history, see if the seller has all the paperwork for the work done. Check for smoke out of the exhaust (blue smoke could be a sign of a dying turbo), listen for any knocks from the engine, check in arches for signs of rust etc

Thanks mate I'll be sure to check it over the seller has all the receipts for the work carried out. He's sent me a few videos of the antilag as well sounds mental, I'll add photos and videos as soon as I get it. Thanks for all the help guys 

Does look like quite the motor - decent spec build should have no issues with reliability f it has been serviced in line with the engine build investment - regular oil changes, decent oil and plugs etc.

Yeah the anti lag is on a switch so you can turn it off, would get annoying after a while lol. Does look a stunning motor serviced 300 miles ago apparently by scoobyclinic. Think I'm gonna take a chance and buy it if it all goes to plan. How reliable are the highly tuned boxer engines heard a few horror stories about them going bang after a while. 

Ok thanks for your help mate. I always warm up and cool down my cars even non turbos lol. It's a habit now, how often should I service an engine with this sort of tune and how often will the oil need changing, I will prob only do around 6-8000 miles a year if that helps thanks again. 

Went for a look at the impreza today. I'm going to give it a miss I think. There were no stamps in the service book since 2011, the guy said he'd had it serviced at local garages and they hadn't stamped it. Not so sure I trusted him with that one. He's also been driving it around untaxed for the last month or so. I'd rather be safe than sorry. Seen a nice hawkeye wrx sl in budget with sti upgrades. Anyone know if these are any good. I know they are a 5 speed and it's the 2.5 litre engine not the 2.0. Any help would be much appreciated guys. Thanks.

Ah that's a shame... I would've done the same thing, just found out my boss drives a focus diesel and it hasn't been serviced in over 30k miles!!

The Hawkeyes are very good, the 2.5 gives a little more torque down low... What STI upgrades does it have?