05 blob wrx

aucky

had my blob about 4 days now,all ready got the urge to change things on it,

mods it has are

3" decat exhaust no remap,i allways thought if you decat then would need a remap to run right,this runs spot on.

sti style rear spoiler

and 17" alloys

things i have planned so far

lip and side skirt extensions

foglight covers

prosport gauges

perrin wing stiffies

may change back box the 1 on car looks a bit dated and will add a panel filter but not look't yet to see whats in the box

uprate the disks and pads all round

add some coilovers maybe.

thats my plan so far,i did say i was not doing anything to it but that lasted about 2 hours from getting car lol :biggrin:

3.jpg

1.jpg

I think the map a decat rule is to correct the fueling which isn't always noticeable. Also can get overboost, again not always noticeable if it doesn't hit the limit but will effect fueling again. Got a friend with a classic and decat with no issues and no map either.

Car looks lovely. It's a tough life owning a scoob and not modding it. Not sure how some owners manage it.

• Like 2

i will see what the boost is doing when i fit gauges this week,just waiting for the pod to arrive,got gauges all ready.the car is a bit squeeky over bumps from the rear end so got that to sort as well its driving me crazy but apart from that am very happy with the car,centre console panels was looking old the silver had started to show its age and was wearing off so i gave them a nice new coat of black,much better then the silver.

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

• Like 1

I may try them at some point, I've never been in a car with coilovers so I hate to think spending 600+ then not liking them... if they only last a couple of years I wouldn't mind!

Nice blob by the way @aucky 

I am same.not had coilovers becorejust lowering spring and dont want to spend a fortune on them as once on and at hight i want i wont be messin with them.will look at them on eBay when i get home.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

well guys been working on the gauges,got all the wires work't out as which is for what,still waiting for my connectors to come then i can make the proper harness for them,but for now i have left the boost gauge wired up.triple pod still dont fit how it sould so need more dremmel work on that and to make things worse i drop't it getting in the car and have broke it,so have to fix that as well,its a very poor build quality,its only made of body filler and its like a egg Shell,very disappointed in it scoobyworld,but it will be perfect as i want it when i finished,just taking more work then it sould have,still making custom pod for the 5th gauge,but am hopeing all is done at the weekend :unsure:

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

well this weekend i have changed the oil,filter,rear diff oil,spark plugs,car run's like a dream now,yesterday fitted my halo headlights,the car was fitted with a hid conversion but i did not like it,and car looks much better with the halos in :cool:

20160327_195149_HDR.jpg

• Like 2

Well getting out car today the mrs said whats that on spoiler.their is only a great big crack appeared in it,about 6inch long [emoji22] so looking like my plan to start moddin suspension next is on hold.have to get this off fix it and get it to shop to be sprayed.may as well get my foglight covers n couple other parts done at same time.

e539be9444ff87da38813661f2de8a20.jpg

54c9e72daf13a2c2183b7d997cf6c335.jpg

Changed the rear lights to hawkeye lights today.what sould have been a 30min job took 4 hours when i found the last owner or someone had messed with wireing.just rapt wires round each other and tapt them up.so i soldered them all together heat shrink over them.sorted now.looks much more modern now me think.4d480c03c5e2f14f2ea153115a4bca11.jpg

741763852e40e5450f07507a6845b179.jpg

• Like 2

Fitted my prototype pillar double pod today.got a couple things to change on it then when am 100% happy i will get it 3d printed.what you think.

a679dffe9da0c5b645a43cd10911341c.jpg

f8f4ab60796b4f5dad07cccb9a4a4b42.jpg

e97570a761f0be1587a520a1dde7c1ed.jpg