05 blob wrx

aucky

thanks,not sure will find out what shift am on tommorow at work,if am not on afters then i'm popping in,hopefully have all gauges working by then,snap't oil temp sender off in sandwich plate so i ordered another and the adaptor kit to go in the engine,went and snapt  sender off in that as well lol :bangin: so need another again :huh:

• 2 weeks later...

not really an upgrades,just gave the old girl a wash and wanted to add some pictures,i would say out in the sun but no looks like rain,got some good shots all nice and clean.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

• Like 1

i will see what the boost is doing when i fit gauges this week,just waiting for the pod to arrive,got gauges all ready.the car is a bit squeeky over bumps from the rear end so got that to sort as well its driving me crazy but apart from that am very happy with the car,centre console panels was looking old the silver had started to show its age and was wearing off so i gave them a nice new coat of black,much better then the silver.

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Mine has a squeak, but it's from the boot. I have a genuine sti spoiler on my wrx and basically it's too heavy, so changing the boot springs to stronger sti ones

• 2 weeks later...

Well had car about 2 months now and the driver seat has been killin my back from day 1.feels like a bar across the back stickin out.had a look but couldnt find anything.told the mrs if i couldnt sort it then the car would have to go,can only drive it 15 mile then mi back is killin mi hips are killing.so a had a plan,get rid of the blobeye seats and fit some more comfy seats from a hatchback,so here they are [emoji3] 2dda75524fa53dc5d53f7ef0af2827ec.jpg0ae3955f693722b28725583636c1c3c8.jpg

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Well had car about 2 months now and the driver seat has been killin my back from day 1.feels like a bar across the back stickin out.had a look but couldnt find anything.told the mrs if i couldnt sort it then the car would have to go,can only drive it 15 mile then mi back is killin mi hips are killing.so a had a plan,get rid of the blobeye seats and fit some more comfy seats from a hatchback,so here they are [emoji3] 2dda75524fa53dc5d53f7ef0af2827ec.jpg0ae3955f693722b28725583636c1c3c8.jpg

Mine seems to give me back ache too and my Avensis is more comfy to drive any distance, thought I was just being paranoid because of all the aches and twinges from manual labour! Let us know how you get on, I may be interested in this mod!

@martyc my back ache started with manual labour at work :sad: but this car's seat was magnifying it 1000%,my passenger seat is ok,but drivers seat just feels the wrong shape,had hatchback before the blob and new the seats was more comfortable,wouldnt say arm chair comfy but their sport cars so guess will never get that,just hoping the frame is the same as the blob and they go straight in :unsure: we shall see at the weekend.

Been busy day today.fitted new steerin wheel.and fitted the hatchback seats.complete ba****d to fit.lol.the front 2 bolt holes line up but the back 2 are about 50mm away from were they need to be.so i had to cut the back 2 brackets off move them to right place and weld them back in.but i think the finished job makes all the work worth it.ca561d552f9daf08c1c002eb3461a19c.jpg30d30abdcc8094f43201bf9ad063f1d9.jpg

thanks @Xander,the steering wheel is lovely just want to keep touchin it lol,it was a lot work fitting hatch seats,nothing fits,seat belt thing is different size so blob belts wont go in it,had to swap them,bolt holes are in a diffrent place,good job am a welder by trade and finally the connector for the air bag is diffrent,got a guy coming to see if he can changed them,if not will have to see if the blob airbags fit in these seat,but after all that fells like heaven on the back now,no pain so far,comfort level has gone up 100%,may upgrade again at some point to the 330 seats if i can find some.

• Like 1

Nice work, looks sweet [emoji106] .

I had to make a couple of brackets up to fit the hatch sti seats in the front of my classic. As i don't own a welder atm and the inner rear mounting points didn't line up .

If it's not broke .....upgrade it 😊

• Like 1

Little upgrade done today.changed my instument cluster to the defi style red sweeping cluster to match my gauges.managed to find a set from a uk hawkeye widetrack so has the mph speedo.think red looks better then the old dim green.

54b55cc2181eade81ee23f5046e5e0a4.jpg

Been hard at work! I think i'll be doing the center console spray job in the next few weeks since the silver has some dings from the previous owners BT install around the vents. 

Have you run into any issues with the binnacle change? Read up on it earlier on NASOIC and it seems a fair few people have either illumination dimmers that don't work, or issues with the rear diff/cruise control lights staying on! Also, did you code your miles over to the new one?

@akafonzie hi milage is almost same as my original cluster only 500 miles out,so was ok.Its not a straight swap to fit This cluster in a wrx,1st the connector above the fuel gauge needs to have a locating lug filed down so it will fit as sti connector is a bit longer as 2 extra pins.Then to stop rear diff temp light being on all time,you take a wire out the connector above the speedo and put it in the centre connector that turns it off.Apart from that everything works fine,they swoop when turn key,shift light works,all is good.Painting the dash trims is a easy job and will take years off the age of your interior.  

@aucky, ah fair enough. Yeah i'm a sucker for the dial swoop like the majority of motorcycles have, such a small thing but oh-so satisfying! 

Any particular paint to use? I see plastidip is rather popular nowadays but may just go for something matte grey, graphite sort of colour in regular paint!

I just used standed paint.did mine black gloss then clear coat on top to give it a nice shine.just remember to use plastic primer first if you use normal car paint or it will peal.