Turbo Engine swap

Subaru786

Hi all

So the subaru impreza turbo 2000, 1999 i bought a few months ago seemed to have ran fine until the engine went and not its not running at all.

I need a new engine and contacted some people who got back to me and said they have an engine from a Subaru impreza turbo 2004/5.

My question is would that engine go straight into mine?

Is it the 'long' engine Inc the heads or just the 'short block'

Inlet manifolds changed over the years and other little bits not sure if the 05 has avecs but that would need addressing, would also need the ecu re programming.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

If you have the avcs heads then you'll need a newer ecu wiring in and then mapping as its unsafe to try and run these without the sti ecu and using a Wrx ecu won't control them. Added advantage with these tho as you can have duel map and anti lag programmed in a lot easier than buying a stupidly priced aftermarket ecu.

Where are you located??

Smudger

may get away with polishing the crank, I'd say diy job don't expect much change from a grand for minimal work to get it running,

Proper job, 2-3k minimum.

I contacted api with regards to a 'basic' refurb and that came in at 2k if I pulled the engine myself,

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk