OBD reader problems

Turner1990

Hi guys I'm new to this forum i own a 2000 subaru impreza wrx and for the life of me i can not get my bluetoothed FE mini ELM327 OBD2 v2.1 reader to pick anything up, any tips or tricks to getting this to work? 

Thanks in advance for any help given.

The early classics have a "self code check" function , I'm not sure if the later v5 onwards classics have the same function (as the ecu's are different )

But there's a "sticky" thread on here somewhere that shows you how 2 self read codes [emoji6]

Couldn't remember where but Strangely enough it's in the how 2 section lol .

If it's not broke .....upgrade it 😊

V5 and V6 have the same self code check function.

I wasn't sure as I've never owned anything newer than a v3 and the v5/v6 run the similar software that's found on the newage ecu's (both can be mapped with ecutek)

If it's not broke .....upgrade it 😊

Right guys its worked ive got the lovely 22 code which is the knock sensor but now for the life of me no matter what combo of wires i put together it wont clear the code... any thoughts? 

They are non obd2 compliant so elm327 will not work, best option is SSM software (freeSSM) and correct type interface cable & correct drivers loaded for cable . have threads on here about it, cables can be got off likes of eBay quite cheaply.

• Like 1

Yeh i tried the whole black and green and black and then green etc etc etc nothing haha ill have a look for the Battery removal thread. 

Thanks again and sorry for being dumb and not checking other threads first will try harder to look through more threads next time (nothing came up in the search when i looked for obd) 

Yup going to give it another try in a little while and see if i have more luck as i had literally tried doing it as soon as i got back from work so something to eat and 10mins sit down might just help 😉 

• Like 1