Chip, remap Legacy 2.0i - possible?

Is it possible to improve acceleration and reduce petrol consumption by sensibly chipping/remapping a 2.0i petrol Legacy?

Any help advice very welcome!

cheers,

Philip Huckin

You may benefit a little as Subaru set the cars up to be able to deal with varying fuel qualities but I would do it in conjunction with a high flow panel filter and a less restrictive exhaust - overall power gains will be minimal though. 

Thanks for that advice. Do you know of any good way to gain useful improvements in acceleration and fuel consumption, or am I on a Mission Impossible?:)

Easiest way is to drive like a granny, but that's impossible !

Is yours a n/a car ? Pretty much a waste of money for a remap as Jay says the gains would be minimal vs cost.

Try using v power or a high Ron fuel it may cost a little extra every time you fill up but I found I was getting 20mpg more in my n/a car

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Louder is faster ;) on a serious not that whole back pressure on n/a is good for torque thing is only true in the lower revs like below 2k. I think engine masters on YouTube did an in depth dyno test on it. And generally removing a cat frees  up about 10-15 Bhp on a 1.6 well at least it did on my old type r engine rover (highly modified straight piped) 

I'm not sure I want to go as far as removing the cat. Does anyone know what it is like to drive and run a Spec B Legacy with the LPG conversion.? I am thinking that might be an alternative.

gains vs cost simply put dont bother. subaru NA engines don't tune well cos the power is derived from the turbo. Also you can;t turbo n/a's that well because they use different compression ratio to a turbo car.

Save your money and when time comes buy a turbo'd one :)

I'd do the maths 1st how long your going to keep the car how many miles you do a year how much the conversion will cost and how long it will take to pay for its self

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

You're right, I would only consider an LPG conversion when it was on a car which was fun to drive and preferably when the car I bought already had it LPG converted.