K and n filter

Naz

Fitted the k and n typoon filter and wow what a difference it has made to the car better response and feel a power increase and sounds awesome worth the money.

20160802_192413.jpg

• Like 3

I should have bought a red bov engine needs a good clean aswell 1 of the x owners put this stuff all over the engine to stop it from rusting but it just looks terrible.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a K&N Apollo on mine for years now had no issue with it at all. before or after it was mapped. Yourstanadred air box is really good and just upgrading the panel filter will do just as good a job. but if you really want want as said no reason not too. :)

Just a quick one mate.i really want an induction kit but ive been told they make the car run like crap?have u noticed anything like this?

I think they could do if you mess around with the air flow sensor, if it was closer or further to the throttle body than before.

Also when cleaning the k&n they give you this oil spray to help dirt stick, that could possibly contaminate sensor wires if used too much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If anyone's does get contaminated, on a Nissan we had an over fuelling problem.. Cleaned maf with intake cleaner, still had a prob so checked other things like plugs but thought it was the maf so got electrical cleaner... Still got a problem so checked other things. Then (after a long time later) tried Wynns EGR cleaner then sorted! It could have been something else other than the maf (maybe EGR?) but next time will try that spray first in case the maf was the problem!

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

i havent had any problems after fitting the k&n i didnt  even get the car remapped after fitting it and its been running fine even better than before acualy and i would recommend it well worth the money very happy with it 😀

mine is a wrx and it makes a nice induction noise when your on the throttle and when u let off u get kind of a blow off sound even at low revs sounds nice mate.