Beano_wrx

Just joined this forum after 6 years of Subaru ownership. 

I have 1994 wrx import.  It started out as a standed car to what it is today 

Ej20 closed deck
Mahle pistons
Manley H beam rods
Acl bearing
Polished and ported type ra heads
Uprated oil pump
Arp 11mm head studs
Cosworth 0.78 headgaskets
Cosworth sump baffle plate
Gates Kevler cam belt
1000cc Ansu injectors
Cdf top feed fuel rails
Raceing lines in tank lift pump
044 pump and swirl pot in boot
Tommi fuel reg set at 3.5 bar
Rotated inlet manifold
Mishimoto front mount with custom piping 
Holset Hy35 9cm turbo on custom rotated adapter
turbo smart 4 port boost solenoid 
44mm tial external wastegate routed back into downpipe
K&n filter with 4 inch inlet pipe
3inch exhaust system
Newage coil pack conversion
Perrin 4 bar map sensor
6 speed gearbox conversion 
Excedy organic Clucth
Alcatek ecu running maffless with anti lag and launch control

460bhp on v power @1.8bar

505bhp on 20%meth @ 2.0bar

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Hi n welcome , some choice mods and nice figures you've got there bud [emoji106]

Do like a early classic me [emoji6] always nice to see one in good nick that's had time n effort spent on it [emoji41]

I have heard of a few people running derv truck turbos and getting good results . Are they standard location or custom rotated ?

If it's not broke .....upgrade it 😊

6 hours ago, savage bulldogs said:

Hi n welcome , some choice mods and nice figures you've got there bud emoji106.png

Do like a early classic me emoji6.png always nice to see one in good nick that's had time n effort spent on it emoji41.png

I have heard of a few people running derv truck turbos and getting good results . Are they standard location or custom rotated ?

Cheers mate 

turbos are t3 fitment so made a custom adaptor. I read about them on other forums but mainly in the states and other jdm cars.  

For the cost it was worth a shot.  Little bit laggy but round town cruseing is perfect as if boost.  Then if going for it just drop down a gear.   

Looking in a 2.1 build or if money can stretch then a 2.35 as I build blocks myself.  That would bring the power curve right down and should give a bit more top end as turbo still got bit more to go.  

image.jpeg

• Like 2

I'm running pretty much the same spec in my 94 sti and I built the engine myself too but I've got a smaller turbo and injectors. It's a fairly unusual turbo choice too aps sr40 which is basically a garret gt28rs with a 8cm hotside.

It's stock location and should be good for 400hp but it was only £200 so I thought it was worth a punt 😎

I haven't got it mapped in yet so I've just turned it down to 1 bar untill I do .

If you know your way round a boxer build feel free to join in or add any advice on any of the threads here .

• Like 1

On 8 September 2016 at 7:53 PM, savage bulldogs said:

I'm running pretty much the same spec in my 94 sti and I built the engine myself too but I've got a smaller turbo and injectors. It's a fairly unusual turbo choice too aps sr40 which is basically a garret gt28rs with a 8cm hotside.

It's stock location and should be good for 400hp but it was only £200 so I thought it was worth a punt 😎

I haven't got it mapped in yet so I've just turned it down to 1 bar untill I do .

If you know your way round a boxer build feel free to join in or add any advice on any of the threads here .

turbo looks pretty good.  Will it b on 2.0 or 2.1

8cm hot side might b a bit laggier 

7cm would b perfect for 2.0

8cm for 2.1.   

It's a Ar 0.83 hotside bolted to a 2ltr cdb with v1sti ported heads ,gruppe headers and up pipe. seems to spool fairly well (1 bar @3.2 k in 4th ) .

it made 375 hp at 1.2 bar on a mates forged 2ltr with uk cams but I'd be happy with high 300's tbh .

As it's a road car and I doubt it will ever see any track time just the occasional blatt down the 1/4 @ the pod .

It was my first attempt at building a turbo boxer lump but it's done 20k now (so I must have done something right lol ) tbh I'd like it to go pop so I could build a 2.1 .I couldn't squeeze the extra £800 for a thrust conversion and 2.5 crank past the Mrs first time around lol .

Have you done many boxer builds and is it a hobby or job ?

Either way nice machine you've built and I bet it shocks a few cars that cost a lot more to buy 😎

On 11 September 2016 at 10:57 AM, savage bulldogs said:

It's a Ar 0.83 hotside bolted to a 2ltr cdb with v1sti ported heads ,gruppe headers and up pipe. seems to spool fairly well (1 bar @3.2 k in 4th ) .

it made 375 hp at 1.2 bar on a mates forged 2ltr with uk cams but I'd be happy with high 300's tbh .

As it's a road car and I doubt it will ever see any track time just the occasional blatt down the 1/4 @ the pod .

It was my first attempt at building a turbo boxer lump but it's done 20k now (so I must have done something right lol ) tbh I'd like it to go pop so I could build a 2.1 .I couldn't squeeze the extra £800 for a thrust conversion and 2.5 crank past the Mrs first time around lol .

Have you done many boxer builds and is it a hobby or job ?

Either way nice machine you've built and I bet it shocks a few cars that cost a lot more to buy 😎

Just a hobby.   I rebuilt a few engine knw.

I done my mates after thrust bearings went.

I built my other pals block with same spec parts and he running 440bhp on a gt30

ive also got another block to bull for my other pal who just brought his first Subaru.  

Like you you say my next step is also 2.1

but also looking Into a  2.35 build for myself  aswell buy using open deck 2.2 and having filled.  

Or a ej25 filled block and destroke to 2.35 which seams to b a popular thing over the pond knw.