Launch Control & Anti Lag Simtek

cornish6544

So as my mapper messed up the car first time round to restore my faith in him i was offered free launch control and anti lag fitted to my classic using the simtek ecu. Got it sorted today but would just like a little more information on them. I plan on rarely using them but its a nice feature to have i think as they are both activated by separate switches.

I understand LC wears gearbox+clutch out but the anti lag is that even worth using on a road car? or is it purely if you want the pops and bangs. I haven't used either of them yet just checking out the sort of wear and strain it would put on a car thats done over 100,000 miles and 22 years old.

Anti lag basically causes unburnt fuel to enter the headers ,which is ignited by the hot exhaust gasses in there causing a "pop ".

It helps keep the turbo spinning and reduces lag (especially off the line)

The "pop" is a mini explosion in the headers which creates extra wear on the full exhaust system /turbo hotside and creates extra heat in the bay .

I'd go steady with the launch control with a ty52 box too [emoji6]

If it's not broke .....upgrade it 😊

I had antilag and launch enabled on my alcatek.  Used a couple of times on road.  

Went to pod todo some runs and let of Clucth on first run seamed down on power and bit load.   

I belew the slip joint on manifold apart on the start line with the anti lag on 

On the road there a bit pointless, i;ve not even bothered having the launch control set up on my syvecs. Have got the AL setup, but its def something to be used as sparingly as possible and only in short burst, causes massive heat build up.

Rally cars have the turbos swapped out after every stage to put it into context

Got the AL and LC all sorted now tried them both out once nice features to have even if they are rarely used i have them on red switches next to the handbrake. The switches are wired to the ecu and don't light up red like they are supposed to is this a case of needing wired to the Battery for them to light ?