Car only runs for 5secs then cuts out

Youngy

As above yesterday my car was running really nice with no issues but today I went to get it out the garden and it would only run for 5 seconds then cut out but it would start straight away but cut out again, but now I went to get it back into the garden and it wouldn't start at all so what are people's opinions coz it's got me puzzled 

thanks in advance 

Id say check your crank cam sensors and then check for spark.

both the cam and crank sensors, no need to remove anything, just use some agility and test it with a multimeter in ohms mode.

d51a64e80479b266d2263c7e25deebc9.jpg

Camshaft sensor is here;

9bbf01ae478474fe46974e8eaac01a77.jpg

Crank sensor is here ;

6aff69e5e994488a7690c3af9d04012b.jpg

Camshaft real life:

9983f3ccf411cc36a326f8e4cbdbcdb5.jpg

Crank sensor real life:

f986067217d73384c3688ced941748af.jpg

• Like 1

^ Sounds likely

pump will initial prime with ignition on but will only power when engine cranking & reading the sensors for this, if sensors test ok check wiring connector harness .

Review immobilizer circuit too as many (pending how wired in) cut pump trigger but not the prime trigger & had a few cars over years with sticky/failed relays in immobilizer modules .

1 hour ago, Mr B said:

^ Sounds likely

pump will initial prime with ignition on but will only power when engine cranking & reading the sensors for this, if sensors test ok check wiring connector harness .

Review immobilizer circuit too as many (pending how wired in) cut pump trigger but not the prime trigger & had a few cars over years with sticky/failed relays in immobilizer modules .

@Youngyill get the techniques posted for you as soon as you check the sensors are okay

Right I checked both sensors and they are fine I also took the fuel pipes off the filter to make sure the pump is pumping and it is and I don't think it's the maf because it would start even if it was knackered because Iv left it off before, when turning it over it does want to start but it just don't so I haven't a clue what it could be 

When you start it then it stalls, will it start up straight away if you prime the pump again by turning the key back to 0 and turn the key to start it again ?

Have you checked the vac line to the fuel pressure regulator ?

As it might just be starting on the initial pump prime and surge in pressure.

If the fpr is ok it does sound like something is cutting the "constant " power to the pump that it should have when running .

It has a stock alarm on it and it ran perfect just for those seconds but I haven't checked the  vac line but it isn't staring at all anymore but I did take the fuel line off at the filter then turned the car over and it filled a bottle up within seconds so I don't think it's fuel related anymore