Am I making a mistake?

Benjijames28

Dont jump in and buy the first one you see.its a buyers market out their as their is so many for sale,their is lots of dogs and lots of nice one's so if you look at one and not happy with it then walk away and look at another.traders need to sell them more then you need to buy it.more you look at the more you will no if something feels wrong like the cluch you said felt high.go test drive a couple more at other places and see how they feel then you will no if its wrong or not.you dont have to buy becouse you test drive them.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

49 minutes ago, aucky said:

Dont jump in and buy the first one you see.its a buyers market out their as their is so many for sale,their is lots of dogs and lots of nice one's so if you look at one and not happy with it then walk away and look at another.traders need to sell them more then you need to buy it.more you look at the more you will no if something feels wrong like the cluch you said felt high.go test drive a couple more at other places and see how they feel then you will no if its wrong or not.you dont have to buy becouse you test drive them.

Good advise but there really doesn't seem to be that many for sale.  Well.not unmolested examples.

Couple things to look for when your buyin as well.with you sayin its your 1st subaru.lift carpet in boot and check all sealer on panels is equal and same colour,if it dont look right may have been hit up the ****.open bonnet and look at the bolts along top of the wings,any paint of them like they had a spanner on them,if so open door and look at the nut at top wing if that is same its probly had wing off at some point.a trader always advertises their stock at more then they want to sell it at,that way when you offer less they still get what they really wanted and make you feel like you got a good deal,i no that as my brother use to be car sales man at a big dealer.so always offer them less.also get it hpi even if they say its been done.also if he said he he may keep it as it be worth more in couple year,dont belive him he just tryin make you jump in and buy,he wont save it he wants to sell.be prepared to travel a bit for one if it sounds right,its worth it.i traveled 80mile to get mine.

18 minutes ago, aucky said:

Couple things to look for when your buyin as well.with you sayin its your 1st subaru.lift carpet in boot and check all sealer on panels is equal and same colour,if it dont look right may have been hit up the ****.open bonnet and look at the bolts along top of the wings,any paint of them like they had a spanner on them,if so open door and look at the nut at top wing if that is same its probly had wing off at some point.a trader always advertises their stock at more then they want to sell it at,that way when you offer less they still get what they really wanted and make you feel like you got a good deal,i no that as my brother use to be car sales man at a big dealer.so always offer them less.also get it hpi even if they say its been done.also if he said he he may keep it as it be worth more in couple year,dont belive him he just tryin make you jump in and buy,he wont save it he wants to sell.be prepared to travel a bit for one if it sounds right,its worth it.i traveled 80mile to get mine.

Gold information.

I rekkon he's had this one at least a few weeks. I've found then advertising the same car on eBay using a different company name, the difference is the eBay one has a standard spoiler, and the car now has a sti spoiler.  Obviously wasn't shifting with the standard one at that price point.

I think he's asking too much.  

Yeah maybe.do you have link to car can have a look at it.but like i said mate dont rush in and by first one and end up disapointed,you will find the right one.

http://www.jctcars.co.uk/used-cars/subaru-impreza-2-0-wrx-4dr-rotherham-201611219958721

It's a shame i don't have a mate in south Yorkshire with one, would be good to be able to get to know the cars a bit better without a bullshitting dealer behind you.

I called one up in Cheshire today, he said he didn't want to take any car part ex for his Subaru, he doesn't want to sell the Subaru as it's only going to go up in value. Lol.  Why you got it listed on the 4 corners of the internet then mate.

http://www.mossmotorscongleton.co.uk/mobile/index.php?page=detail&vid=227770

16 hours ago, Benjijames28 said:

http://www.jctcars.co.uk/used-cars/subaru-impreza-2-0-wrx-4dr-rotherham-201611219958721

It's a shame i don't have a mate in south Yorkshire with one, would be good to be able to get to know the cars a bit better without a bullshitting dealer behind you.

I called one up in Cheshire today, he said he didn't want to take any car part ex for his Subaru, he doesn't want to sell the Subaru as it's only going to go up in value. Lol.  Why you got it listed on the 4 corners of the internet then mate.

http://www.mossmotorscongleton.co.uk/mobile/index.php?page=detail&vid=227770

exactly mate,if they didn't want to sell it they would have it advertised,the one at jct as been their a while as the one in back ground with stickers all other it,i no the guy who sold that to them and jct sold that again about a month a go.if you can you want to get the 2005 model as they have a 3 spoke steering wheel looks a bit better then the 4 spoke and a bit more modern centre concole,the heater dials in my opinion looks better in them,their the same as in the hawk model.

Think it might be going for the car from Jason at Jct.

His prices are top wack but from what I've read online most people seem to have positive experiences, they all say he's over priced, but people who have had issues usually get them resolved without much of a fight.

I've had quite a lot of salesman bullshit from him, but that's to be expected.  I'm going to go see him tomorrow, have one last look and leave a deposit.

His prices seem to have gone up by 1500 quid since the summer !

One thing I will say is he quoted 170 for a cambelt change, which is too cheap in my opinion, weather he changes the idlers & tensioners too would be worth enquiring about

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, stants said:

His prices seem to have gone up by 1500 quid since the summer !

One thing I will say is he quoted 170 for a cambelt change, which is too cheap in my opinion, weather he changes the idlers & tensioners too would be worth enquiring about

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

He says it gets a full kit, belt water pump pulleys etc...

As for prices, looking around the 6 grand mark doesn't seem sky high for a 05 blob eye from a dealer.  And this one is one owner with ppp, which seems hard to find.

On other hand I'm essentially going to lose 2k on what i paid for my Audi 5 months ago, and I'm gonna be 1900 in debt to make the purchase.

It's a huge decision to make.  I really want a Scooby, logic tells me wait until September when I've had the Audi a year and my insurance renewal comes through.  But knowing my luck in September my Audi will be worth a grand less, and i won't find a Scooby as good for 6 grand anywhere.

I really don't know what to do. It's doing my head in.

Sell the Audi privately at a price you are prepared to live with - this may take some time though, however this will put you in a position of being cash buyer and will have maybe broken even or be in a reduced borrowing position. Then start looking for Subarus again, possibly buy a v cheap runaround eg £500 to allow you to not rush into a purchase. Be prepared to travel, I did a 400 mile round trip to get mine, some people have done more

Welcome along i totally agree with the previous posts, defo take your time and make sure you're getting the right car i looked for over a year for my scooby mostly because i was saving up the cash for one and in hind sight i'm glad it took that long looking because there are some horrors out there but with cash in hand you will get a better deal and i also done a 300 mile round trip when i went to buy 

Truth is I've got the cash to buy a WRX, I've just sold my house, it's more about losing so much on the Audi and managing my cash in a way to keep my options in life open without over committing.

For example I've got a 0 percent interest credit card, it's only for a 4k limit but that will cover a few grand towards a car and my insurance, that way I can pay it from my income while leaving my cash in savings account to be used if needed.  Knowing I could pay off the debt at any time if needed.

Regarding Audi truth is nobody wants petrol Audi's, everyone wants a diesel.  I've had 3 dealers say they ain't interested in my car,. The third wouldn't touch any Audi, said he had bad experiences.

As for finding right car, the one I've been looking at, will I find better than a WRX in blue, good paint and body, service history, cam belt done, service done, 1 owner, and ppp?

For 6 grand that's not bad.  Considering private sellers are asking 5 grand for several.owner examples.

I'd always recommend test driving more than one. I couldn't with mine as never any for sale due to being auto, but try to if you can before committing [emoji106]

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Really isn't that many about. If i start to mess the dealer around he will probably be pissy.  He's got a few, but I've viewed the one ive been looking at a few times, I was gonna go leave deposit today non refundable of course. 

Now I'm working until Tuesday.  

I've arranged for car buying people to come to my house Wednesday morning. 

Got a very reasonable insurance quote.

I'm really stuck as to what to do.

1 hour ago, david1972 said:

It's down to you at the end of the day mate; we can only offer advice. It's for you to take or not.

Good luck either way emoji106.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I'm using this place to vent my thoughts, saves doing the girlfriends head in.

If i can get insurance sorted then I'm going to leave a deposit.  End of day i can sell it if i need to, probably sell fairly easily too.

Still on with this car.

Managed to get a fair offer on my Audi, so now I'm in a position to buy the Scooby on Wednesday.

Managed to get the insurance cheaper than the Audi too.

Jct seem to have a decent enough rep, I don't trust dealers but this one seems worthy of a gamble.  

The car has done 90k meaning it's expensive at 6.1k, but it's the right colour and condition, suppose to have had a full service and cam belt kit too. 

Anyone know of any better choices?

I sold my 03 blob wrx ppp for 6k last october first person that came gave me full askin price as he couldnt fault it so bear that in mind.cars are worth what people will pay not what an internet site or magazine tells you

8 hours ago, RpsChesterfield said:

I sold my 03 blob wrx ppp for 6k last october first person that came gave me full askin price as he couldnt fault it so bear that in mind.cars are worth what people will pay not what an internet site or magazine tells you

What mileage was that tho?

The one I'm getting has done 90k and is 6100, in very good Knick tho 

Someone beat me to this one.  Missed out on it.

Funny thing is tho... I looked at one private and spoke to him about it.  Tried to put me off the private one, turns out he bought it, removed decals, painted a scratch and has it up for 2 grand more than what he paid. I could have got it for 4200, he's now selling for 6450.

!Removed! buying from a dealer. I'm gonna wait for a good private example.

Off to see another tomorrow, private sale.

05 plate, 89k on clock, just been serviced including a cam belt and pump, good MOT history, loads of service history (need to look into this when I'm there).

Only negative is the car has had 6 owners, this bloke has had it since august and doesn't really want to sell it, but is having to.

How much value do you put on owner number?  6 would usually be high for me but so far everything looks good.

He wants 5300 for it, seems high for the number of owners.  Realistically I would be looking at 4750, I doubt he will take that. 

Apparently it's a standard car, no remap or owt, just a dump valve and window tints.  

Any feedback?