Name that part

Swayze88

So I was taking the grill off to paint again as the cheapo Halfords plasti dip as chipped badly over the winter, and stuck down the side of the coolant overflow and the edge of the radiator was this part. It must have been a left over from the wiring loom replacement that I recently had done, but I have no idea where it should be. Any thoughts?

IMG_20180408_150535.jpg

IMG_20180408_150546.jpg

1 minute ago, Marshffs said:

Looks to be a part from the fuse box to me.

I'd tend to agree, my quick look in the fuse box didn't show any obvious gaps, and it was raining too hard to go digging much further. A google search shows it up as a relay - or the German equivalent word.

Just waiting for AF Noble to get back to me, as it was them who had the car apart last doing a replacement wiring loom, so I imagine it has something to do with that.

Strange thing is that i haven't had any weird warnings or parts not working as far as I can tell...

Looks like some kind of end cap for a part of the wiring that doesn't get used or as ernieb has said a protector for the new loom 

This is what it looks like to me too , probably just plugs in to plugs if their not used so as not to give an open circuit and give a fault

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

A cover for a plug at the end of the loom seems like a very sensible conclusion.

AF noble in Penicuik couldn't work out what it is, they contacted Subaru UK, who don't know what it is, who have contacted the importers(?) as apparently parts are removed/swapped dependent on final country of use.

AF Noble in Penicuik still have the loom they removed so have asked me to bring the part in and they will see if it fits any of the plugs, although they say they have had a look and don't think it will fit any of them :bangin:  I did not expect this to be such a challenge!

There are a couple for sale online, seem to be from SH foresters but only in Russian or German auction sites, and both call them a relay of sorts.

Oh well, the fun continues.

8 minutes ago, Swayze88 said:

A cover for a plug at the end of the loom seems like a very sensible conclusion.

AF noble in Penicuik couldn't work out what it is, they contacted Subaru UK, who don't know what it is, who have contacted the importers(?) as apparently parts are removed/swapped dependent on final country of use.

AF Noble in Penicuik still have the loom they removed so have asked me to bring the part in and they will see if it fits any of the plugs, although they say they have had a look and don't think it will fit any of them :bangin:  I did not expect this to be such a challenge!

There are a couple for sale online, seem to be from SH foresters but only in Russian or German auction sites, and both call them a relay of sorts.

Oh well, the fun continues.

Very interesting.