mfnicks Blobeye Impreza

mfnick

Ive only recently mastered doing it without getting cramp in my foot lol. Agree with what you're saying about the flex, but doesn't bother me too much, what do these stoppers look like then, my mate was whining about his when we were bleeding them and i could really see his cylinder move

Braided lines are on the list too. Along with a million others things I want to do....

Plans keep getting pushed back though since it keeps throwing other bills at me. Like a very expensive gearbox repair. Just as I was about to buy 4 new tyres and get my new alloys on it finally! Damn thing!

Sometimes it all mounts up and comes at once like that - had a simllar thing on my 200sx years ago - turbo rebuild (which was initially diagnosed as valve stem seals so full reefurb with head skim was done) followed by x2 tyres followed by gearbox and clutch... very dented bank account

• 2 months later...

Well, its taken a long, long time and loads of faffing about but ive finally got my new alloys and tyres fitted!!!

Looks soooo much better!! Very happy with them. Had 5 people tell me how great my car looked today too + 1 who tried buying it off me :)

Also got thumbs up from Martin and Dave at Sheff Subaru Services - popped there because I think my exhaust might have started blowing a bit.

post-1255-0-21666100-1398282112_thumb.jp

post-1255-0-97380000-1398282165_thumb.jp

• Like 2

To Martins? Nah, that's Saturday mate. Said he wouldn't have time until then.

& thanks guys! As for the splitter, it's definitely on my (huge) to do list. I think they look the dogs danglies with them fitted too. Worried ill end up breaking it though when I finally get around to fitting one, my car isn't really low but it's still low enough to occasionally catch the bottom of the front bumper on some roads. Even got caught a bit on the ramp when I was having the geo checked so don't see it lasting long when I do lol.

I've had that problem with a few cars now not being able to get them on the ramps. one was that low when I had a flat tyre I had to drive it up loads of logs and wood to just to take the wheel off as I couldn't get the low jack I have under it :D 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Finally got my decat 3" exhaust fitted and Harvey Smith up pipe on. Also fitted a OEM Re-circ valve to get rid of the Turbosmart BOV since I hear they can cause problems even though it sounded good. Fitted a new fuel pump too (HRC one) since my Walbro has been on 2 years now.

Got a MAFless remap after all this at G-R Performance. Up to 347bhp now - well happy with that. Torque looks to have dropped to 301 from 330 but it feels even stronger on the road and Gary at GR said his rolling road doesn't read torque very well and I would probably get a much higher figure on another one. After feeling it on the road I completely believe that. Got pops and bangs mapped in too. Sounds !Removed! awesome :D

I can't recommend Garry enough at GR too. He did an amazing job fitting everything and put loads of work into the map. It drives so much smoother and easier be and revs much cleaner and faster. He's a top bloke too, good laugh and takes a huge amount of pride in his work. Will definitely use him regularly from now on for any works Martin can't do - mainly fabrication and mapping stuff.

15g5gqo.jpg

wva5ci.jpg

I'll be going back next week to get launch control mapped in too - mainly for the noise rather than launching haha.

• Like 1

Yea it definitely spools a lot quicker now. It's awesome!

It was supposedly doing 330bhp before too, but I think scoobyworlds/scoobyworx RR might have been reading a bit high because it feels much better and faster on the road. More so than the extra 17bhp would provide. That map feels loads smoother too and holds power much better. I'll dig the old one out and post that in a min.

Edit - here it is

5dq6o9.jpg

Doesn't look too much different but on the road the difference really is huge.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers guys. Yes very pleased, keep wondering if I should have got them in gold though haha! Never happy ;)

@ Savage - For more space between them and the callipers? Not really, they still clear so not a problem and read about some others who had them and there's sat the same for years. They are a bit "sunk" into the arch though so might actually look into them. Are they safe to run or will it cause more wear to wheel bearings? Which would you recommend if I did go for them?

Edit - these look and sound good - http://www.scoobyparts.com/cgi/sh000001.pl?REFPAGE=http%3a%2f%2fwww%2escoobyparts%2ecom%2fcgi%2fss000001%2epl%3fSS%3dWheel%2bbearing%26ACTION%2ex%3d%2d799%26ACTION%2ey%3d%2d104%26PR%3d%2d1%26TB%3dA%26SHOP%3d&WD=spacer%20wheel&SHOP=%20&PN=EIBACH_PRO%2dSPACER_KIT_%2d_5mm%2ehtml%23aEIBS_2f5#aEIBS_2f5

At £100 for both axles though it'll be a while before I look at fitting these seriously since I'm happy enough with how they are.