mfnicks Blobeye Impreza

mfnick

Wow I didn't know the STi uk had forged internals too. That's awesome news, makes me feel a bit more comfortable about chasing extra power now. And it's a weekend car mainly so not being as useable everyday doesn't bother me too much. I agree switchable maps would be a good idea though.

Ill have a chat at the meet or when I get it in for oil changes. Thanks!

• Like 1

my mates running 2 maps on his and has fitted a second rear window demister that switches the maps, ones to run off normal V Power and the other to run ethanol, cams also supplies that in massive amounts for peanuts so if you can source the fuel it's cheaper to run better fuel

I've read that the newage sti's are good for 450 with the standard forged pistons .classic sti's about 380 (as the forged pistons aren't as strong) wrx and uk turbos about 340 (due to not being forged)

I'm not that up to spec on newage turbo's or injectors but if yours has got pink injectors (550's) they're good for just over 400 hp and if the turbo's a vf 35 there good for 370 hp.

As ash said you won't get much past 350 with a tmic (due to intake temps ) and a fmic with a induction kit would be the next stage in tune before a remap

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Over weekend I decided to fit my recently purchased iPod aux adaptor for the aftermarket Stereo that's fitted. Was surprisingly easy :)

Firstly removed the glovebox

exa2.jpg

Then drilled a 32mm hole in the top of the surround. Had to be so big to fit the plug through. Due to the plastic being so thick a normal grommet wouldn't fit properly. Luckily had a 32mm locknut and bush with rubber insert which fitted perfectly. Only problem being it wasn't black, but when it's fitted in the car unless you lean down and look for it you can't see it anyway.

yb3d.jpg

Next I removed my radio, or at least pulled it out enough to access the rear of it.

rvwf.jpg

Plugged the lead in, screwed everything back and tested.

m8fp.jpg

Boom! Working perfectly! Not that I listen to it much when I've got that awesome burble and turbo noises, but its nice to have for longer motorway journeys to tracks & great driving roads. :)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Just picked up a set of these beauties.

srii.jpg

Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 alloys in black :D 18x8 et45

Can't wait to get some tyres and get them fitted! Speaking of which, what size and type would you guys recommend? Also thinking of waiting until winter is over until I get them on. Not sure I'm that patient though haha!

My old current ones are 18x7.5 so the existing tyres could probably stretch that half inch. However the fronts are getting pretty tired anyway and are frightening on anything but bone dry Tarmac. Not sure whether to go for all weather tyres or keep a winter set on my current and go for dry only street tyres on my new set. Just trying to decide whether to keep them for winter or sell to get some money back. I'll be refurbing my current set in gold for this time of year if I do keep them, I know that much.

Those Team Dynamic ones aren't mint so don't need to worry about keeping them in brand new condition.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Finally picked it up on Friday. Absolutely loving it! Always wanted a Impreza STi and the Blobeye is my favourite of the newage models so had to be the one to get. Managed to find a really nice condition one with only 63500 on it from 2003 :) . Had to be blue too ;)

Better pics will follow, these were quick ones with my Phone.

Not had a proper blast in it yet. Went straight to see my bro's for the weekend after picking it up (my nephew now thinks its the coolest car ever :) ). But done some 'point and squirt' driving in it and the acceleration is something else! Cant wait to see how it handles in the dry when pushing on. Its had a fast road geo setup already done, the old owner said he'd had it set to be quite neutral with the ability to slide the back end out a bit. Need a big open space to test. Surprised just how comfy it is too, although it has got coilovers fitted.

Current spec:

Boost Solenoid

BC coilovers with Fast Road geo setup

2 point strut brace

Full exhaust system with down pipe cat delete

K&N Filter

Remap to 332bhp and 330ftlb

Ugraded discs and EBC pads all round.

As for my future plans, im going to get a front splitter (seen a couple with them and finishes the front off nicely).

I'm going to change the alloys I think, not keen on these really. Not looked into them a great deal yet but from my small amount of browsing I'm loving the Rota's I'm seeing. Some of the Revolution ones I've seen are very nice too.

Also seen a few with de-ambered and black headlamps which I really like so looking to source some of those at some point.

Going to look into upgrading the rest of the braking system too as they feel pretty spongy and don't really slow the car until you push on the pedal pretty hard - although I am getting used to this.

Might get a proper induction kit too. Will get it mapped with this just to eek that tiny bit more power out and get some overrun pops and crackles mapped in too.

Apart from that all my money will be spent keeping it in as good condition as possible, keeping it well maintained and to continue to increase its handling capabilities.

Very nice car m8,my brakes are the same really have to press hard on the pedal to get the car to really slow.Dont know if the pads are low are what but gonna investigate and upgrade to ebc yellow stuff

That's the problem though mine aren't stiff. They're spongy.

Or at least they were - I've since had all pads and discs changed to Pagids and had the brake fluid replaced. It made a HUGE difference.

They still aren't perfect, if you really push on it definitely feels like something's "bending" (best word to describe it) under the pressure. The stopper will be my next brake mod, I'm pretty sure it's to do master cylinder flexing - definitely what it feels like.

I agree though, definitely been set up by a driving enthusiast. The way the accelerator pedal is set back just right to line up with the brake when it's really pushed, perfect for rolling over onto it. Shame I still can't master that skill though, I'm !Removed! useless at it. Most I can do is a nice little blip of throttle when slowing on down changes lol.