Simon_

Hi I'm Simon.  I'm 34 from Fife Scotland.

I'm trying to keep on my legs after surgery 8 years ago damaged my spine and affects my back and legs. 

Was into cars a LOT when I was younger. Haven't had a sports car / modified car for a good few years now. 

I bought a 2006 Subaru Impreza wrx Hawkeye.  I got my car dropped off on Monday afternoon there and was delighted with it ALL.  As I hadn't seen it before actually buying it. Realizing it was worth every penny. I'm now wanting to start with a few small modifications.  This car is 100% standard at the minute . It drives and pulls great too. 

I'm on the lookout for ;

2nd set of wheels.

Discs and Pads

Exhaust system. Not to replace the cat as will fail MOT 😞

Uprated Fuel pump 

Uprated Turbo 

BOV or dump valve 

Anyone with any information about changing these or help and advise.  Or if you have these for sale yourself and your not too far from me. Give me a shout.

Thankyou for reading

Simon 

20190417_143018.jpg

IMG-20190415-WA0001.jpeg

20190417_142931.jpg

Screenshot_20190408-213709_Gumtree.jpg

• Like 1

Firstly welcome to the club 👍, for the likes of oem parts most use importcarparts.co.uk the boy Luke there knows his stuff and the parts are reasonably priced, i used scoobyworks i think it was to get my fuel pump and their service was great but you can also get things like that from eBay aswell not so sure about a turbo although a few folk on here use scoobyclinic as their turbos seem to get a good rep, oh and thats a tidy looking motor you have there 😎👍

Welcome mate nice scooby 👍,  you can go sports cat downpipe and pass mot or just cat back if your on a budget. Id pick a mapper and consult with them first to see what they recommend for what your trying to achieve . You have ra motorsport who are nearish to you i think i used a guy in east Kilbride for mapping Dynatune. As stuart said import car parts for oem stuff god speed brakes are ment to be good and are decent value, a breaker might be your best option for wheels n that mb developments are good. hope you enjoy the motor mate. 

Thanks guys it was scooby works I was looking at . Didn't know about the other one so cheers for that. I'll need to have a look. Yea RA Motorsport should be able to help me a little. I was trying to avoid eBay for copies of things like cheap dump valves and cheap filter kits. Didn't think they'd be any use. Anyone know any different though ? I'm sure theres a Subaru breakers in Perth that I can get too for things. Thanks for the comments on the Motor too. Love the Hawkeye look. Actually like them all but need to pick one eh!! 

Is there meetings or that up here or they mostly down south? 

Thanks for the kind comments folks. And the help. Appreciate everything I can get and read. 

I'm around Cupar area. What about you guys ? Anyone else close by. Thanks for the info on pads and discs . This will one of the first things I do to my car I think. Hard to get bits for the Hawkeye.  Deffinatly less parts for this model than there is for any other scooby. More of a challenge then I suppose eh.  Anyone else with a Hawkeye ? Cant stop looking at Scooby parts !!! 

I am from the Midlands in England. A good set of discs and pads is definitely worth it. I thought parts for the hawkeye would be quite easy to get. I thought my shape was the hardest to find parts for but maybe I am wrong :)

Its deffinatly no the easiest to get bits for that's for sure !    Wanting to get an exhaust and brakes today.  Don't wanna spend mega bucks. All systems I find on scooby sites are around 6 - 800 bucks. I'm just looking for the rear part and it's a bit of a challenge.  E bay seem to have loads for good prices but cant find one for a Hawkeye !!  Aaahhhh . lol 

I'll get there. With a little help .

Haha aye I am tempted.  Louder the better chief . Eh. Need a good loud dump valve too. 

Go Fast Bits GFB T9003 Dual Action - SUBARU Impreza WRX / STI 2001-2016 - Respons TMS T9003 Adjustable dump Valve

Anyone know if these are any good? 

https://scoobyworx.com/rcm-team-ice-exhaust-rear-section-45-tailpipe-rcm645-13406-p.asp

Exhaust system is cheap and seems loud eh ? 

Edited by Simon_
Another link

21 hours ago, Simon_ said:

Thanks guys it was scooby works I was looking at . Didn't know about the other one so cheers for that. I'll need to have a look. Yea RA Motorsport should be able to help me a little. I was trying to avoid Ebay for copies of things like cheap dump valves and cheap filter kits. Didn't think they'd be any use. Anyone know any different though ? I'm sure theres a Subaru breakers in Perth that I can get too for things. Thanks for the comments on the Motor too. Love the Hawkeye look. Actually like them all but need to pick one eh!! 

Is there meetings or that up here or they mostly down south? 

Thanks for the kind comments folks. And the help. Appreciate everything I can get and read. 

I'm down in the borders bud, there are a couple off meets up the central belt way i think one of the best ones is tartan tarmac i've never been to one yet but my mate from stenhousemuir goes to some and says its really good, i would be up for a meet seeing as there seems to be a few folk from around your area joining the club, gfb are ment to be pretty good so could be worth a shot coz as like @Kdyjas says hks are quite expensive 😎👍

There’s a car meet on the morra in Livingston ,, not a scooby meet, just cars in general lol flat out Scotland I think it’s called on Facebook etc, never been to one so can’t say if any good,, we should get a few of us in our scooby and go to one sometime lol a few of us Scottish members where talking about possibly going on a run sometime 

Yea I'd be up for a meet up this way for sure. Yea only thing wi that exhaust system I put up . Need to buy the whole thing. Just wanting the back box and centre if possible.  Around 300 bucks 

1 minute ago, Kdyjas said:

There’s a car meet on the morra in Livingston ,, not a scooby meet, just cars in general lol flat out Scotland I think it’s called on Facebook etc, never been to one so can’t say if any good,, we should get a few of us in our scooby and go to one sometime lol a few of us Scottish members where talking about possibly going on a run sometime 

Be up for that. Am no Facebook user like . 07525 406 402 

5 minutes ago, Kdyjas said:

Defo up for going sometime !!

• Like 1

We should arrange a wee meet between us coz would defo be up for that and a wee run somewhere and could probs get my mate with his sti to come along aswell, they have general meets at hermiston gate aswell😎👍