Ecu communication

Ocalw

Morning ladies and gents, I’m trying to get my car a stage 1 remap but no one seems to be able to communicate with my ecu with their laptops and software. Any body have an idea of why this would be? Any advice would be great.

car is a Subaru Impreza 2.0i sports wagon 2007.

Think the 07 would require the mapper to use ecutek software (licenced) ,Rom raider software (open sourced) or if in the U.S a Cobb acesses port . To allow them to make changes to the factory ecu parameters. 

I'd suggest to stay away from OBD "flash maps" as they're very generic and have a bespoke live full map done (instead of a staged flash tune )

Cheers savage, someone has said that open source rom raider is done through the obd port is that correct? 
 This is way above my head so I’m not to sure on what or who does what haha 

• Like 1

To be honest mate I'm not really sure as the newest Subaru I've owned is a 52 plate bug sti . That was re mapped with ecutek software and I didn't see where the mapper plugged into. 

What country,  county are you based in ?

Maybe someone might be able to recommend a tried and tested Subaru mapper In your area, that will have the correct software to fully live re map your scooby .

As although a lot of people in the states do get Cobb stage tunes in the uk most steer clear of generic flash tune maps and prefer to get a full live remap bespoke to their car /modifications 

• Like 1

Sorry I didn't notice that you said it was a sports wagon,  unfortunately theres not much gains to be had when remapping the non turbos .

At least not a lot of gain for the cost of the remap , only roughly 10hp . So most tend to concentrate on handling   lightening and braking mods to make the most of the boxer layout and awd system. 

On a plus side ,those are some nice healthy graphs for a na engine 👍

Yea that’s what the bloke said considering out the factory it offer 158hp, I do intend on being brave and going turbo with it as everyone I’ve spoke to have said it’s the phase 2 engine and it’s already for it so just not got there yet haha