Help needed!

Dovo1

Not really clued up on the newage stuff but that looks like a pipe for an egr valve alot of folks get them mapped out and blanked off but i'm not sure if an egr would be fitted to your car, hopefully someone with a little more knowledge of the newer motors will be along to confirm if i'm right or not 👍

14 hours ago, Dovo1 said:

I've bought a Subaru Impreza wrx 2007 and I took the intercooler off to clean it and found a pipe that has been blanked off can anyone tell me what it's for?? 

IMG_2360.JPG

Where abouts in the engine is this blanked off? Is it to the right (passenger side) of the engine/alternator? 

It's used for about 30 second during cold start to do with emission. full description here,

http://www.subaru4you.co.uk/how/how6.shtml

It's pretty crap as it gets water in it which causes rust and such making the system fail. At that point most folks remove it, but it has to be done correctly so the butterfly's in valves are removed so they don't fail in the wrong position or you risk cocking up your afr's down the line. So it's ot as simple as just mapping it out.

Thanks for the link that's really interesting - what a silly reason to risk damage later down the line for the sake of a minute or so...rules are rules i suppose.

I guess that's why cars have a lot more visible vapour on start up.

1 minute ago, Jamina said:

Thanks for the link that's really interesting - what a silly reason to risk damage later down the line for the sake of a minute or so...rules are rules i suppose.

I guess that's why cars have a lot more visible vapour on start up.

Vapour has always been there even before the system was introduced. But yeah the system is a bit daft

Thank you everyone for the quick replys I've had a slight power loss problem and was wondering if this might have been the fault would it be worth connecting it back up or just leave it the car hasn't had a map as far as im aware and it's on the passenger side next to the Sartrer motor if that helps 

3 hours ago, Tidgy said:

Secondary air system,

AirPumpAssembly.jpg?format=1500w

Not sure why they just didnt remove the whole system and blank t at the block, which is the normal way to do it.

I thought it looked like where the secondary air pump went. That is why I asked which side it was on. Usually its either left in place with no power going to it or removed as you said and blanked off at the back. 

51 minutes ago, Dovo1 said:

Thank you everyone for the quick replys I've had a slight power loss problem and was wondering if this might have been the fault would it be worth connecting it back up or just leave it the car hasn't had a map as far as im aware and it's on the passenger side next to the Sartrer motor if that helps 

If it is blanked off correctly it shouldn't be the cause of any power loss. When does the power loss happen? 

Ok thanks again and the power loss is only tiny but when I first got the car it was super quick acceleration and tip end but the head gasket recently and its had a new one put on just since I got it back when I accelerate it's like enguine dosent want to give more power loss is when I try to accelerate quickly.

As far as I know it was just the head gasket as it was a finance car at the time so they said they would repair it no charge so I let them but I replaced the plugs as I thought it was them I just changed the boost pipes today and still no change 

• 2 weeks later...