How far do I go

SWARM_LOGIC

I purposely bought a low mileage hawkeye sti spent a lot on full subaru service cam belt diff oil change etc £1300 with new thermostat well happy but gave lots of love in cleaning myself ive noticed water ingress rear lights and fog lamps front lights starting to need replace clean misting up at top(toothpaste clean?)bought matching front pads and new tyres think prob needs new light rear pads been lowered so set to normal height got massive exhaust so replace with smaller or prodrive  wheels need striping and re painting not noticeable but I can see flaking on.insidelove this car but if I go too far all in with price of car and done and thought of parts its gonna be 20k its beautiful but if I decided to sell 20k is an ask

Unfortunately most of us will never see the money back that gets ploughed in to the motor, i think all in so far i've put in about 3k in to my classic and that doesn't include the price i paid for the car and most probably I'll not get that back if i come to sell, you can get hold of the rear light seals from import car parts but unsure how much they would be and the headlights can be done with some toothpaste and some time being patient, you could get a exhaust custom made as they not that expensive and will come with a lifetime guarantee and you can get the wheels stripped and powder coated for a couple hundred quid but like i said before you'll most likely never see a return on all the cash you'll invest in the car, we do it for the love of the cars and putting our own personal touch on them 👍👍

• Like 1

you wont ever get your money back on mods and such, i;ve prob dropped 20k into mine and it will prob mean if i were to sell it i;d get 2-3k more than if i hadnt. But to me its always about enjoyment, break it down per hour and it works out cheap as chips 😄

Yeah love this car and wanna treat it right I know id never see money back on all extras just see things and think that'd be nice ooh and that and that have to show restraint ha ha.when I was younger used to look at demon tweeks catalogue if anyone remembers that if bought everything you liked it was  like blimey thats a lot of dough. I guess little bit here and there won't hurt wont seem so much