Apexi boost controller (electronic)

benjilovett

Hi again people my old man has since brought an estate with a apexi boost controller but it makes a nasty clicking noise when you turn the ignition on and when you put your foot down what is this can we sort it or take it out,  also there are no hoses on the boost solenoid i think its called, is that right? i might wrong but surely there should be right

that's probably bar setting, so one is low boost .75 and the other is considered high 1 bar, which is probably why its not hooked up to the boost solenoid as it will have an internal one, do you know if the car has been mapped for those settings ?

If it's not been mapped I'd either put it back to standard or get a mapable ecu .cos as ash said the standard ecu will only compensate fueling for minor mods and with a fmic and boost controller your probably pushing your luck I'm afraid .

What year / model is the wagon fella ?

This thread helped me understand the vacuum pipe route on my scoob when I switched from 2 port to 3 port boost solenoid as it has some useful diagrams

http://www.rs25.com/forums/f128/t157501-help-v4-sti-stock-boost-solenoid-setup.html

The picture on the right is the original one but is it still wired up bust no hoses? And the picture on the left is all the wiring from the apexi one, so if i follow the hose from the acuator should this go to an apexi boost solenoid?