what colour wheels help

bazza

i have a 1994 subaru impreza wrx in black with black window tints but i will be removing the front tints on the weekend

The wheels are 16" multispoke not sure of the make but they are currently white i have tried to remove paint with paint and varnish remover but it never even damaged the paint so i am going to do some rubbing down to get a key so i can spray them 

But im not sure what colour i am leaning towards a bronze colour but not 100% sure im looking for something not to bright but not to dark... can anyone recommend a colour for me and if it is ok for me to key up the existing paint with wire wool and sand paper and the etching primer and paint 

cheers 

car is coming along nicely im pleased with how things are going but these wheels need to be freshend up then im going to put pics up before and after...

any and all advice welcome thanx

I think being black would have kept them black maybe. But might also have gone for the white with the 1 bright green spoke like the Ken Block style depends on how thick the spoke is I guess. But Gunmetal like Steve said would look good. :)

Bronze /  Gold will go nicely with black but it's not to everyone's taste.  If you want to play it safe then go for silver as that works with any colour.  Black or gunmetal on a black car may make the whole car look too dark, again it's down to taste.  White may work but it will depend largely on the spoke design.

Why not post a photo of your car with the wheels on an see if someone is able to Photoshop the wheels into a different colour to give you an idea of how they will look. 

• Like 2

I used to have a black BMW 3series, I ran gloss black rims with red pin strip and the inside of the rims were red. It looked good but then I got all silly and bolted a NoS bottle on, sprayed the whole car in matte black and the rims went hazard orange! It looked so much better.

Imo on a gloss black car go black and murder it ;)

• Like 1

Mate of mine had a black Range rover and he did the gloss black rims look - worked well as the spokes were thick and chunky so as Adam says its down to spoke design to get the right impact with colour

<p>photo shop i never seen that .......im not to clever with computers but learning all the time . so basicly if i get my daughter to take a quick picture she can put it here and you guys can change the wheel colour ?? im guessing thats what you mean..like i said i dont no much about computers..the wheels are in a bad state i have started to remove some paint but still lots to do if i key up excisting paint i should be able to paint over them .. ok im going to ask her to take a piccy and upload to here just hope it works my son says orange or green with monster sticker on the side lol
ok here is piccy i would like to see if anyone can photo shop these wheels in green as would like to see what car would look like with the large green monster sticker down the side
also gold and bronze thanx guys for your help much appreciated here is the picture

"http://i1367.photobucket.com/albums/r796/sherryyy_/GEDC0751_zps4eba2f4e.jpg

I don't have photoshop installed anymore. Not sure anyone noticed I was AWOL but my Son had given me loads of viruses, by downloading skin packs for that dam game Mindcraft. So had to reinstall the lot :( but yes that can be done if there good at photo shop it's hard to use if you don't know how.

thanx adam great if you can my son has just got a big head he says orange to

but wow that may be bright and in your face.. what shade orange would you suggest as my son says orange is the way to go to.

i would like to see orange and green photoshop wheels if that is at all possible guys 

i will add a few more pics to show the car in better light over the weekend

going to Halfords this weekend see what they have in the way of what paint brands i should be ok as long as i use etching primer do you think

no no no

but slept on it and think i would like to see picture of it with orange wheels maybe

so if anyone can photo shop my car above just click on the link and it should work thanx guys

just had a look at your photo - as I have photoshop but very little skill so...

any chance you could give the wheels a bit of a wash down so they are more of one colour (makes it easier to select and switch) and take a photo from square side on so it is a flat image of the wheels because I had a bit of a play and it turned out rubbish due to the 3d aspect of the spokes having slightly different shades where all I managed to do was make thicker flat spokes with the one colour.

Originally I would have never gone for bright wheels of any colour, I love darker colours. But I bought my wheels cheap because they are bright with the intention of refurbishing them in black. But before I did, I fitted them to my car just to make sure they would clear my brakes and they were straight. After a few days the colour really grew on me and now I love my bright orange wheels.  B)

4DB67008-9DD1-4ED4-95C3-DC6B499749ED-532

• Like 1

mmmm i not good at computers and kids are always out but im going to jump in and go for it as this subject could run far to long im going to go with orange didnt think i would ever go for it but lets see how it turns out 

• Like 1