My build/conversion project

Tlag

The ecu should be back next week hopefully.

Then to run it in and get the full map done.

On a side note, a mate of mine who I built the engine for had his mapped today. 332bhp. I'm pleased with that. :)

• Like 1

Oh so not all doom and gloom then :) And I guess another week gives you enough time to get some of the tools cleaned out the foot well  :lol: looks like mine at the minute but whats even worse is I'm driving around in it all :D 

• 5 weeks later...

I blocked off the PCV in the manifold first.

I have two breathers on each of the cam covers (as it's a 2.5 bottom end). One pair runs to a 't' above the crankcase breather and then to a catch can.

The other pair on the cam covers go to another 'T' and on to another catch can.

The holes in the air intake pope have just been blocked off. Quite crudely in the case of one of them. I wrapped a bolt in tape, jammed it in and then put a jubilee clip around it. As long as no air can escape, or enter, it's good.

Unfortunately, as I slipped a disk 4 weeks ago, I haven't been near the car since. I'm waiting to benefit enough to get the mapper back with my sorted ecu. Only then can i test the modifications made.

Done the MRI scan waiting for an appt with neurosurgeon. After that, I don't know. It's taken a while but at least the pain medication is working now. To start with, even morphine had no effect.

It comes with it's own sensors.

I would have liked the toucan system myself but it wouldn't work with the legacy ecu so I had to go this route.

It's similar cost to a Defi system but I just hate all the extra circular gauges everywhere. It's just personal taste.

I'm not keen on loads of gauges either just personal preference really , as I have enough trouble keeping a eye on my 4 in 1 gauge when driving [emoji5]

Ideally I'd like a alcertek (simtec updated) ecu which I think is compatible with the toucan , but funds/wife won't allow lol .

Just fancied egt , intake temps, boost, oil temp and pressure with a easy to see and peak hold function [emoji6]

Have you managed to rack up many of the running in miles ?

And nice install looks quite oe [emoji106]

I've not done a single mile yet. I had an issue with the ESL ecu to start with. That was sent away to be sorted and only came back today. I've not been too bothered about the car for the last few weeks as I've slipped a disc so as yet, can't drive it anyway.

I fitted these today as i look on is as 'therapy' :)

I've actually already got a GT35 with the relevant rotated pipe work. Although, I've changed my mind on that as it's total overkill.

I'm now thinking MD321, or maybe VF34 or 35