insurance..

Pluggit

About to collect a nice little second-hand Forester in next few days and wondered what insurance companies people would recommend contacting.I know a lot dont want to touch jap cars so you have to search around a bit.

Any suggestions.

regards, Chris 

I would give our insurance a ring you get 15% discount just for being a member here. Can't be bad ;) 

LINK

But I found Green Light gave me a very nice respectable quote also, so would try them. Stay away from the compare sites. I think nearly all of them wanted over £400 more :( 

And welcome to S.O.C ;) 

My Father always used to say you never really know how good any insurance is until you need to make a claim. I guess that's true touch wood never made a claim so far if I've binned it myself I just take the lose and break it or sell it on as a fixer upper. And only had to do that with one car.... So far ;)

• Like 1

Same here, had 3 accidents in the years I've been driving, 2 were non fault and one was into the back of a parked car after hitting ice on the hill from my house, I had the car repaired before I got the call back from the insurance company and they said although the other fella claimed for his repairs the fact I didn't claim for mine my no claims wasn't affected

Sent from my Nexus 7

we have a few problems with false claims in the Lancashire area, there's a crew of people driving round with no brake light bulbs, they wait for an obvious gap in traffic at a roundabout then pull out, as you follow looking at the traffic they brake hard causing you to rear end them and then they suddenly go from being alone in the car to having 5 people all with whiplash, this makes the policies in that area sky rocket

I have heard about that before and a fuse being taken out then replaced. I know my mother had a problem with her car, someone was saying she crashed into her had the reg colour and make and model of the car. Said the crash happened in Oxford but she was at work that day in the car nearly 300 miles away. If it wasn't for her time sheet I'm not sure what the outcome was. But I know it showed up on her renewal that a claim had been made against her insurance that put it up. Not sure if she had sorted that out too but know it was along drawn out process.

The wife's first car was a write off in the first 12 months, she was on her way back from uni on the m6 and a set of ladders fell off a tipper transit in the 3rd Lane, she had the crash barrier and an artic to either side and pinballed between the 2, the traffic wobbles kept the ladders and as the driver of the tipper didn't stop it was deemed as the wife's fault, took over 2 years to get it sorted, and 4 years to get a successful claim for her damaged wrist that she still suffers with now, they are great at taking money from you but not keen on giving it back

Sent from my Nexus 7

Fully agree. As I have said before touch wood (touches head) I've never had to make a claim but from everyone I have ever met it's always been horror stories I witnessed a crash once had to fill in loads of paper work and draw a picture of what happened, got a phone call the lad admitted it was his fault that was it they didn't need anything more fourm me. I guess I was lucky but you can see why witnesses are a bit reluctant to stop.  

yeh they asked me to draw a diagram so i got a screen shot of the area on google earth and edited it in paint to show what happened and where, as for companies, i have been looking around as my policy ende on the 21 of this month and AVIVA were the cheapest i found so far, they ranged from 2k to £420 so a massive difference to the top price

• 1 year later...

Hello,

im new here.

I would like to buy a impreza but the insruance its very expensive for me.  Im almost 30 and my driving license is less then 1 year old. ( yeah i know... ) 

Any suggestions for me ? 

Many Thanks!!!!

Which insurers have you looked at ?

So taking an new driver advanced test may lower it, (not sure what timescale you have to do it in)

Adding a family member can bring it down i.e your dad for instance

Thirdly agree to a limited mileage policy it may help

As would the possibility of installing a black box

Try these brokers Adrian fluxes, Keith Michaels,sky or mark Richards

I dont think your age will have alot to do with it unfortunately, Subaru's are high to insure for anyone who hasn't racked up there NCB. 

Have you thought about getting and Non turbo Subaru just to get your foot in the door then once you have some expericance ( 2 or more NCB, and same driving experience ) buy a turbo one ? 

James 

Hi James,

Yes i thought the insurance would be hight if the impreza turbo and  i found a regualar impreza on eBay for 1500 and the insurance company said i would pay around £2000-3000 per year... unfortunately im not able to pay that much money. i just love the impreza and its doesnt matter if is turbo or not at the moment.

cheers.