What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

As promised a short clip of me throwing my XV around a few bends, unfortunately despite the speed it looks pretty tame on video, but then it is a Subaru and despite the ride height and weight it sat really well. Happy days  :D

Thinking of investing in a really good camera though

• Like 2

Problem is the less drama a car has in a bend the less exciting it looks. It does handle surprisingly well, not STi well but no problem out handling a chav corsa or Citroen Saxo. Doesn't make for a good video though, would probably be better off road.

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Well yesterday had the usual S-line tailgate me, pulled away with ease from him, then got on the dual carriageway and was cruising about 65 overtaking a lorry when I see the Audi tailgating the car behind me until it moved, then sat a mile behind me until I moved over to let him go. Was fairly funny think he learnt his lesson. The had an admiring nod from a yaris driver, very happy when I revved the engine in traffic. So a decent day overall. Having the wheels balanced today to try and sort out the steering wheel vibration.

• Like 2

I went out for a spin with MFNick to see if he liked the sound of my exhaust. He also likes the tunnel near my house [emoji12]

Also demonstrated the smiles that pops and bangs can give, then spotted the coppers parked up [emoji15]

• Like 2

I'm about to give a friend a driving lesson I offered last year. When I owned a diesel focus :( is it advisable to give it a ten min drive to warm everything up before letting some noobie drive it?

I went round to a friendly tire fitter and used his car lift...wire brushed and painted 5/8 of the underside with waxoil paint...just sooo much easier using a car lift. heaven. then replaced my cracked foglight

Changed my brake fluid and changed the left hand drive headlights and rear clusters for right hand drive ones..........changing the headlights was fun.

Quite a bit of good stuff going on this weekend I see :D . Did you give them the lesson "tje"?

I had a geek day yesterday with my mates, 14 hours straight gaming so my subaru didn't move :(  made up for it getting a motorbike off my **** down a country lane, couldn't match the speed in the corners! Mwahaha!

• Like 3

Car not moved today even though sunny [emoji30]

Painting and decorating for me all day, just having a quick break, 6hrs straight so far, beer is calling so can't guarantee how I will be performing on track later [emoji79]

• Like 1

Decided to try out demon foam and demon shine, what a load of crap [emoji35] difficult to get an even cover with the snow, then 2 mins later most of it is on the floor. There isn't even a trigger, as soon as you turn on the hose pipe it starts spraying out, the you have to turn the hose pipe off to stop it. Straight away it was leaving streaky marks, then agitated it with a sponge, but still left streaks even with a jet wash. Ended up washing it again with auto glym, then tried the demon shine........[emoji35][emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

My car now looks dull and streaky

Big thanks to Dave for taking me out in his Scoob yesterday so I could hear what his exhaust was like. Like it a lot :) especially all the pops and bangs, will definitely be getting those mapped in.

Still not ordered it as I've got to wait around 4 weeks before I can even get in for fitting and remapping so going to wait until the meet next Monday just in case I hear a better one. Will definitely be happy with the J Performance one though if not :)

Also got my wheels re-balanced as the place I took it to did a **** job! Never use Auto Dynamics in Attercliffe Sheffield. They are !Removed!. They didn't protect the face of the alloys when fitting tyres, put different pressures in all 4 tyres and didn't balance them properly. Twats. Drives loads better now.

Went out straight after meeting Dave too (around 2:30ish) and stayed out till very late. Been very hungover today so not even been near it haha.

I'm surprised you had problems with the demon shine stuff though. It worked great when I used it. Normally takes me 2-3 washes to get clean when just using normal Car Shampoo whereas that foam stuff does it in one. The shine stuff made it look great too. Like I said before though I wouldn't rely on it over a proper polish and wax but it's great if you haven't got the time. I'll take pics next time. I agree the way the "gun" works is properly **** though.

• Like 1

Gaulson, yeah i did give them a little lesson. Wasn't as bad as I thought. They are going to wait until after Thursday when the new golf arrives. Apparently the Scooby is a bit "twitchy and sharp" for them. I put this down to sporty and precise :p

• Like 1

Just washed and waxed mine :) yay fun afternoon. 

If anyone is on the look out for some "shampoo", I use autoglym shampoo (clicky)

Hand wash it with the correct two bucket method, then dry it with a decent microfibre. I use an autoglym one, (Clicky)  Just shines, no streaks at all!

Then, polish and buff off then wax and wax off. Or just wax on and off :)

Anyone tried the Autofiness range? I use their citrus power and Iron X remover, both decent products worth using.