What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

I got an email invite direct from Subaru, with a unique reference code and link in it to be able to order the free tickets. Why don't you give your local dealer a call and see if they can get one sent to you.

The subject line of the email was "Imported by OneBlackBear1 from http://emails.oneblackbear.com/campaigns/2014/suba"

and the sender is showing as "Subaru UK <newsletter@subaru.im-group.co.uk>"

I'm assuming I'm on their mailing list.....hope that helps mate.....well worth it, with adult admission being £16 in advance or £18 on the day, plus kids under 16 are free and you can take your dog(s)

Not happy, Subaru looked at wife's car, run engine flush, cleaned injectors, updated software, reset the "learning"??. Said there were no error messages, no lights alerts nothing. Got car back still judders in high torque. From about 1300rpm, if you put your foot down it pulls really well until the turbo comes in and then at about 1600 it starts to judder as though about to stall, this gets worse and worse until you change down a gear so that your over 2000rpm then it pulls like a train. No one knows why, subaru technical don't know why either, slightly worried now. I know it's under warranty but my wife needs it to be reliable. Probably have to go back now. Wife tried the new Forester today a demo car, she liked the car but not in white which hers was. If anyone is after a 14 plate top end forester diesel they've got one with 1k on the clock at £25k which is cheap!

Oh by the way it's a diesel so it's supposed to run at revs that low, just in case anyone was wondering why I'd accelerate from 1300

Bonus 1 has turned out not so good. Came out this morning to find the dodgy wheel nearly flat. Pumped it up and went to work. At lunch had dropped 10psi. Went to my local garage and checked it but no obvious leaks. Pumped up and back to work. Had to put another 15psi back in it to get home. Checked it again 4 hours later and flat. Have put 40psi in it and could her the air. Looks like a tiny hole about 0.5 to 1 cm from the sidewall. Reckon that will be too close to repair. I wonder if the seller got the puncture after the tyres were brand new and put the stuff in as it coldn't be repaired. Good hint was he gave me a extra tyre with them so will have to get that fitted tomorrow. Slightly different tread which I don't like doing but gets me mobile in it again. Have emailed a couple of tyre places to see if I can get a new tyre with the same tread so fingers crossed.

Cheers

Alan

Seems like you are unravelling the mystery now :P . Hope you manage to find a tyre of the same tread.

I've had tyres that are different tread since I got the car. Thankfully I'm getting my new ones put on tonight, a full set of Avon ZV5's! Will post a pic of the tyres that come off the car... from what I can tell there isn't much left of the inside tread.

post-2084-0-86874200-1406191266_thumb.jp

Update on wife's XV. Subaru technical say that the reason the car pulls ok in low revs up to 1600 then dies is because the plugs have carbon deposits on them? They didn't specify what plugs.

Now, call me daft, but as I recall the only plugs you get in a diesel are glow plugs and if I remember correctly they're only used for cold engine starts . Why then would the fact that these are coked up affect how the car drives, it starts quickly at first touch? Getting confused now[emoji21]

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Not sure mate but other owners have had big problems with goowplug issues, some have had them replaced under warranty outhers have been quoted silly money 4-5k for replacement [emoji33]

If the car didn't start id get it, obviously glow plugs, that's what the glow plugs do, help start the car, but as far as I'm aware, that's all they do. When the car is running the temp in the cylinder doesn't need boosting with a glow plug and certainly doesn't need the fuel to be ignited so im a little confused that they've come back with this, whatever it'll be under warranty, I'm just not sure cleaning off the plugs will resolve the issue.

Well tyre turned out to be scrap. The new one is directional tread pattern just slightly different but will have to do or now. Mystery solved as to why the gunk was in there though!!

My lead cam for the Stereo today so now have everything ready to do the install just need the time now :-)

Cheers

Alan

• Like 1

I found it, it was a 2010 Foz. This doesn't throw up any warning lights or errors in the computer. According to the car it all works perfectly well, it just doesn't drive perfectly well [emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've heard of a few owners and salesman to be fair, who've said subaru have far from cracked it with the boxer Diesel engine yet. I know it doesn't help you now, but worth bearing in mind if your wife decides to go the Foz route mate

She's got an XV now it's the same running gear and engine as the Foz so we're already in the mire. It's under warranty so they'll have to sort it. Just worried its indicative of how mine is going to go soon [emoji17]

Too late, we got 2 diesels, but if we didn't have a diesel subaru, we wouldn't have one at all, need the economy for work. Because of work though we'll always have then within warranty. Just annoying at the minute, the dealers being pretty good about it all, as he wants us to have our future cars from there so I think it'll get sorted.

It does sound like a known fault though with 2010 engines, found nothing on Internet about XV diesels having this problem though so maybe this is something else?

What kind of mileage/driving does your wife do ? I friend had an x3 that coked up badly after a year of ownership bmw tried to tell him it was because the car was used for mainly loads of small trips in stop start traffic, least subsru's customer service is good,

She does about 20k a year but at the minute it's top speed of 50mph because the M6 has road works on it. She's had 3 CRVs with no issue.

I do a similar mileage but my drives are at more varied speeds although I get better mpg as less traffic, generally run around 60-65mph. Sometimes have a little play to give it a blow out, she does that too from time to time.

They've done an engine flush and a decoke and an injector clean and they said no indication of any coking up

Seems a bit weird. Wonder if she has had some dirty supermarket diesel and that has clogged it up. You do hear of these diesels doing rocket miles as well as breaking though. I got mine as a diesel due to my mileage and running costs tbh. Hoping for a good 100k out of it if I'm honest :-)

Cheers

Alan

SWMBO (who will now be known as Mrs Schumacher) has been using the Outback for work this week......end result - refuelling required after only 4 days and 26mpg returned  :o

I think she's liking it a bit tooooooo much  :P

We won't use anything other than Shell after an AA guy advised us that he goes to 4 or 5 cars a week with the diesel bug, apparently it's the biodiesel that's required by law in road diesel, it's fine with the additives that the major brands (BP, Shell, Esso etc) put in their fuel, but the supermarket brands don't use these additives and if you get a bit of moisture in the tank you get like a fungus growing that knackers your fuel tank and clogs injectors, fuel lines, filters etc, you end up with a full steam clean or drain and park up for 3 months. Not worth saving 2p per litre

Well it goes in for 2 days next week so will have an answer then, will let everyone know the outcome for future reference

Well 4 new tyres on fitted disc brakes and pads all round fitted and braided hoses all round and new calipers put on. But now get a metal grinding sound when going left :( Wheel off again later see if I can find what it is :( coming from front O/S

• Like 1