What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

i bought my clay bar from halfords for a tenna (a meguairs one), and used a slightly more soapy water mix as the lube, gob it on with a mitt, clay the panel and rinse with a hose, panel by panel works a treat, cheaper than detailing spray.

a 200g bar?

Well what a day.

Firstly thanks to gambit who lent me his halfords card. Found out halfords had reduced the stereo I wanted by a further £60 so went and got it today. Popped over to gambits to borrow his card and his car was high in the air having brake discs etc fitted. Hopefully all finished now? Was even allowed to park on the drive in the wife's Audi without being shot lol.

Then tonight I won a set of wheels on eBay that I wasn't expecting to go for the price I bid. Put a cheeky bid on and won em. Nearly brand new tyres amd wheels powder coated before his forester blew up a couple of years ago and these were stored in a shed. In great condition so am well chuffed. Left here at 9pm and been to Nottingham and just got back lol

Top car day lol

Cheers

Alan

Pic of said wheels Alan? [emoji6]

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Pic of said wheels Alan? [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am going to put them on this morning (got a couple more days off work) so will take a pic. Going for the mean stealth look lol.

Cheers

Alan

• Like 1

So while i was there getting my tyres i got some extra bits as well.

I think the dog guard is off a forester but might fit other stuff.

No idea what the exhaust and intercooler is off but the exhaust is brand new. It wouldn't fit his forester so might be impreza???

Any ideas on that would be cool :-)

Also got an extra tyre which is nearly new! Bonus

Cheers

Alan

post-2413-0-47429600-1405943866_thumb.jp

post-2413-0-88614100-1405943908_thumb.jp

post-2413-0-98374700-1405943946_thumb.jp

post-2413-0-34396300-1405943977_thumb.jp

post-2413-0-59262100-1405944007_thumb.jp

post-2413-0-72087100-1405944045_thumb.jp

Sorted :-)

Need to get them balanced as a bit of a judder at 70 but i like them :-)

Deffo looking stealthy lol

Nice!....we like a bit of stealth  :D

If you don't mind me asking, did they set you back much?

So while i was there getting my tyres i got some extra bits as well.

I think the dog guard is off a forester but might fit other stuff.

No idea what the exhaust and intercooler is off but the exhaust is brand new. It wouldn't fit his forester so might be impreza???

Any ideas on that would be cool :-)

Also got an extra tyre which is nearly new! Bonus

Cheers

Alan

Dog guard defo looks Forester-esque......they go for good money on fleabay though......rare as hens teeth  ;)

Nice!....we like a bit of stealth  :D

If you don't mind me asking, did they set you back much?

Put a cheeky bid in and got them for £225!! They are mint. Couple of tiny scratches but they will touch up and the tyres are like new. Not a top brand but seem ok :-) eBay is sooooo dangerous lol

Put a cheeky bid in and got them for £225!! They are mint. Couple of tiny scratches but they will touch up and the tyres are like new. Not a top brand but seem ok :-) ebay is sooooo dangerous lol

Lol indeed......you could get at least a quarter of that back from the dog guard though, so happy days  :)

Looks like you scored with the wheels, regardless  :D

Yeah, when I had my Foz I was after one for a while, but kept going for silly money. Get it advertised right, be prepared to courier it, and you'll have a large audience mate  ;)

Just grabbed myself an Outback dog guard for £60 plus p+p from fleabay  :D

Described as only used for 12 months, unmarked and undamaged - pics back that up.

Much better than the £150 the local stealer quoted me  ;)

We bought a purpose made dog cage from lintran, they make for most models. Not the cheapest (£380) but very well made plus protects the interior if the car should doggie get a little destructive or have an accident. Even had an escape hatch so you can get dog out if you can't open the boot after a shunt.ours wast he first they'd fitted in an XV

Gutted :-(

Just got back from ats in immingham. Had a slight wheel shake at 70 so presumed it was balancing. Turns out one wheel has a barely perceptible flat spot which they couldn't balance out. Contacted seller to see what he says but don't know if somwthing like that can be repaired??

Wheels look perfect to sight but you only notice it when they are spinning :-(

Dunno what the seller will say

Cheers

Alan

Not good mate :-(

Surely if the seller said they were in good working order and they are not you can claim back through the bay ?

I agree...sorry to hear it, all the same [emoji20]

Gutted :-(

Just got back from ats in immingham. Had a slight wheel shake at 70 so presumed it was balancing. Turns out one wheel has a barely perceptible flat spot which they couldn't balance out. Contacted seller to see what he says but don't know if somwthing like that can be repaired??

Wheels look perfect to sight but you only notice it when they are spinning :-(

Dunno what the seller will say

Cheers

Alan

Were the wheels powder coated ?

As I've heard that the heat process during powder coating can cause warping or even failure (during track sessions).

so the seller might have known and not sold them with the car .

Hope you get it sorted , bud

just finished claying, polishing and waxing my car now so it does't look mucky against the wife's which I did the same yesterday.

smooth as a babies bum (although not having kids, I've no idea how smooth that actually is, which is probably a good thing as if I did know that might raise some awkward questions, anyway, pics below.

Just need a great big seagull to crap on it now  :angry:

photo1-2.jpg

photo2-1.jpg

photo3-1.jpg

photo4.jpg

• Like 2