What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

Was in a bad mood yesterday so drove a little fast, hit a hump and cleared about 10 - 12 foot of the road after it... I felt really bad on the car so slowed right down and took her home before I did any damage. What I can say is, it flew so flat! Perfect landing and everything :) . Lesson learnt though, keep the speed down! haha.

Got next week off work so will spend some time cleaning and doing little things on the car, show it some love!

My brother did that in my dad's company ford Scorpio about 10 yrs ago, he didn't tell my dad and my dad had to take the car back to the garage where he'd just had new shocks fitted, he ripped into then about the standard of their work. When he picked the car up they told him the shocks were fine but all the suspension arms were bent and that he should try slowing down. My brother didn't come clean for another 10yrs [emoji5]️

• Like 1

My brother hit a hump back bridge too fast and the car left the floor (significantly) being a family car it pitched up and landed heavily on its nose, he has to clip all the trim back on the bottom of the bumper, let's put it that way. It landed very heavy and he said it pulled to the left quite badly afterwards. My dad used to drive like Brian the snail too so he was pretty confused

Ooof lovely, I can imagine what that looked like as a mechanic I used to know did it to his work van. However that wouldn't drive after because the nose was bent up. At least your brother got it home hey ;)

Yeah and my dad drive it 40miles the next day to work before he phoned the garage. The stuff we did when we were kids eh? At least yours was ok. I launched my Opel manta once off a roundabout exit in Stafford, there's a steep downhill off it so you used to get a good 20-30ft flight but because it fell away you always had a soft landing, not sure what the cops would have said about it though [emoji3]

• Like 2

Pete,

Have you done the update from the pioneer website which lets you use the iphone5?? I haven't bothered as am using my old 4 but gather there is something you have to download to a memory stick?

Might help before you shell out more cash?

Cheers

Alan

Done the Update myself and all is good :) never trust a salesman ;)

seems I cant view Photos and Video on the sat nav now :( will have to play about with it see if I can get it to work.

• Like 1

on the jumping cars bit. I was working for Budget Rent a car and me and some workmates were delivering the cars to customers. on the way back we went down a private road (at about 80mph really bad I know but we were young stupid boy racers, we been told off twice by the old bill for using the Kingston one way system as our private race track :).) hit a speed bump and there was an almighty clunk, the Focus we were in was never right after that. Made a loud clunk every time the n/s suspension had to do anything..... just blamed it on a customer 

• Like 2

Pete....your navigation unit may have a jack for a reversing camera. I think it might be a newer model than mine, I had mine out last week to check and mine has no extra outputs but I know the later ones do.

Sent from my Galaxy S 5 using Tapatalk

on the jumping cars bit. I was working for Budget Rent a car and me and some workmates were delivering the cars to customers. on the way back we went down a private road (at about 80mph really bad I know but we were young stupid boy racers, we been told off twice by the old bill for using the Kingston one way system as our private race track :).) hit a speed bump and there was an almighty clunk, the Focus we were in was never right after that. Made a loud clunk every time the n/s suspension had to do anything..... just blamed it on a customer

I got pulled up on the Stourbridge ring road for drifting around it at 3am when I was a young stupid boy racer, they pulled me over and sat me in the car for nearly an hour bagging on about how dangerous my driving was then said, "right we've no intention of booking you, what you did was wrong and we've !Removed! you up for the last hour by making out you're gonna get done for dangerous driving, but it's 4am now and we knock off at 5 and can't be bothered to do a load of paperwork because of silly sod like you, get in your car and drive home, I don't want a single wheel spin and if we see you being silly again you're booked" I had a 200bhp rear wheel drive manta and it was wet so I had to pretend the car wouldn't start so they'd go, if I'd have tried to pull away it would have spun the wheels, it just didn't matter how careful you were, good old live axle[emoji2]

Pete....your navigation unit may have a jack for a reversing camera. I think it might be a newer model than mine, I had mine out last week to check and mine has no extra outputs but I know the later ones do.

Sent from my Galaxy S 5 using Tapatalk

Yeah it does, I have a reversing cam connected. What I meant was with the 4 you could just plug in and get the pics and vids to play on the sat nav without App radio. Now it keeps trying to connect the photos & Videos via app radio.

will haver to have a play later see whats what.

Been keeping an eye on the os rear shock as the botrom of the strut has been getting dangerously close to the top of the tyre. Decided to measure the ride height of each corner and its all over the place so shopping for a full set of shocks and springs tonight :-D

I think a seagull shat on my car. Took me a good ten mins to clean off, was all over the roof, rear window, boot and spoiler. Good job I've got some Poorboys Bird Sh#t remover. - Which is awesome btw

post-2579-0-18753900-1407850922_thumb.jp

I never leave home without a few rolls! :P

I use autoglym wipes for bird crap they're brill as well. So much easier and quicker than trying to wash it off.

Today I received my new front splitter :)

2akfi2b.jpg

Will fit it sometime this week or at weekend. It's made of flexible PU plastic rather than fibreglass so should hopefully be able to stand up to a few scrapes on floor without breaking :).

• Like 1

Well, update on wife's XV. Phoned dealer they said that they hadn't even driven the car in the shop yet (dropped off on Saturday). Not sure what's going on but I'm clearly being told some fibs somewhere. They actually said on Saturday that the other forester was picked up by owner on Friday and he'd said it seemed fine, funny then that today I'm being told that they've just finished his forester this afternoon. Need to get to the bottom of this