What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

Well today the dealership will have had my wife's XV for 3 weeks, they say it was carbon, apparently there's even carbon build up in the throttle body, but as yet no one can explain why which is what I want, I know there's carbon buildup, I want you to fix it, not just clean up the mess. Might end up in a fight soon. Could well be the last time I use this dealership if it plays up again because they didn't fix the issue, just the symptom.

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Went round to a guys house to pay for the trials bike, while having a natter to him in his garage I noticed something very nice....

post-2084-0-65165100-1411113790_thumb.jppost-2084-0-89296700-1411113794_thumb.jp

Apparently this is Petter Solbergs old rally car? Don't know how true this is but it's amazing!

• Like 4

Hell of a thing to sit in, the seat makes you unable to move at all. Can understand how they don't get hurt much with massive crashes!

Some more pics for you...

post-2084-0-26459300-1411116896_thumb.jppost-2084-0-61477700-1411116906_thumb.jppost-2084-0-03255300-1411116913_thumb.jppost-2084-0-19461500-1411116918_thumb.jp

Check out all them switches! lol. Also the size of the brake discs.... :O

• Like 1

took mine to the Midland Game fair with wife and dog, went to subaru stand and wife was looking at a black Forester XT, chap from subaru collared us and we happened to mention that we were contemplating changing her XV for a Foz. guy offered us a go in a fox around their 4x4 track, not one to pass  up a drive off road I said yes, went got taken around by Isuzu Team's competition Safari co-driver. very nice car very capable off road, though the XV was doing the same track so I guess there was more in the tank for the foz as that's the better off road car in general. wife loved the XT but at £32k and only mid 30s mpg and the hefty road tax its a bit hard to justify even with the extra 100 horses under the hood.

Also the Subaru fella reckons the STi XV isn't real, its a mock up, he knows nothing about an STi version (but that could just be he doesn't know).

as it's getting colder in the morning the OBD II code for the Secondary Air Valve code pops up again as i haven't done anything to fix it during this summer as being to lazy  :P

so today i though lets get it sorted. so off comes the Secondary Air Combination Valve (passenger side) and took it apart.

the valve was rock solid with no movements at all! so spaying the valve with mx3 from Inox (super stuff i brought from Australia) and cleaning all the other parts. lots of black thick stuff sticking inside the housing of the valve.

back at my car, i put it in diagnostics mode (by connecting the green connectors) and connected the valve part, no movement at all so prying with a flatbat screwdriver to 'help' the valve to move and, yep, yep, some tiny movements so more mx3 spray and a bit of help and suddenly the valve start to move open and close again  :lol:

assembled the Secondary Air Combination Valve again and bold it back on the engine, still clicking, all good.

but the real test will be tomorrow morning!!!!  :huh:

fingers crossed

Well, crap start to the day. Wife took my car to work because I'm picking her car up and some stupid cow has run into the back of her so hard it pushed her into the car in front. Sounds like the XV held up ok as there doesn't seem to be too much damage but I'm already wondering about crumple zones? Girl's reason why she hit her is s classic, when my wife asked what the hell were you doing, she replied "I didn't put the brakes on in time" obviously not top of the intellect tree in Dudley this one. Got all the crap to deal with sorting that out now.

Well she's got bad sciatic pain down her leg which suggests she's hurt her back in some way. At least the car behind was insured as it turns out. I don't think she'll be driving her KA home after picking on 1.4tonne of Subaru though. Wife is generally ok though, car is driveable. Just a real annoyance now more than anything. Had someone phone up asking if i want to make a personal injury claim already, the vultures are circling. My wife is thinking she might. The woman who hit her was in tears on the kerb not through shock but because my wife shouted at her, my wife can be quite good at that. Off to pick up the other car which is fixed but no one can say why there was a carbon build up so I'm not hoping out much hope that it's actually fixed just feeling a " "bit better". Hope everyone else has a better day with their subarus. [emoji27]

!Removed! hell mate that's not good news! I know from personal experience how she's feeling. Let's hope she's not in too much pain.you need to ignore the ambulance chasers. ....your insurance company will sort everything out. Someone from mine is calling me later today to complete a......and I **** you not..."trauma assessment".
Anyway, hope you and the missus day gets better.
Best wishes

I've already had my insurers legal team on about it and it's going to go through as a personal injury, they're also letting me take the car to a subaru repair centre rather than "their own approved" usually Fred's bodyshop in shed in smethwick. Just got to sort all the forms and crap out. Other driver has accepted full liability which makes life easier. Should be on video so will put up, seen photo of back of my cat and it looks fine, other car apparently looked like emu's nose when he screwed his beak up. No sympathy there though.