Project Ver5 Impreza

gary88ross

I'm not fully clued up on turbos if I'm being honest more so with the classic but people seem to upgrade to the vf22 over the TD04. It's like mine I know I have a bigger td05 in mine and it does turbo lag bad unless you already have it spooled or launch it from 1st then it's big smiles  :D

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah been wanting the inlet hose for a while but there pricey found a good one tho for good price looks good just got all the other hoses and getting a rally tech stainless bolt set aswell i think lol am goin for sti top mount

• 4 weeks later...

Pinched this for you mate as I'm not sure with the bolt size and will hopefully help you :) 

You could always do a how to for our how to section for others at a later date ;) 

Newage TMIC 
Newage dump valve hose 
Flat aluminum bar (about 80mm x 20mm) to act as bridging plate 
You will also need a slightly larger jubilee clip for d/v hose

1. Remove intercooler and swap i/c hose assy to the new i/c, unless you have a Samco /Prodrive one.

2. Remove o/e d/v hose

3. Remove small rubber hose between induction piping and o/e d/v alloy tubing.
In an ideal world, this alloy tube should be removed, but looking at how it is fixed, there are some brackets fixed to the inlet manifold, so I left the pipe in place. It doesn't cause any issues)

You can see the induction pipe d/v return (Black plastic tube behind turbo) and the aluminium return hose (shiney tube) The rubber hose between them is the one that is removed.

intercooler088.jpg

4. Fit newage d/v hose to the Black plastic hose shown above leaving the end ready to accept the new d/v. I secured the hose with a jubilee clip rather than the awkward circular clip.

intercooler083.jpg

5.Remove r/h/s i/c bracket (it needs to be bent to fit the new i/c and one of the holes elongating)

6. Place newage i\c into position. You will notice that the l/h/s bracket falls about 50mm short of the i/c bracket. You will need to construct a small bridging plate from a flat bar and drill a 10mm hole at either ends .Then fix the l/h/s of the i/c using the bracket.

intercooler092.jpg

7. Place r\h bracket into position and note how it requires bending to make it fit, then place it on the floor and tap away. Elongate hole to allow it to be fitted to the engine.

8. Fit r/h bracket to the i/c and engine.

9. Ensure d/v hose connected and check all connections and tighten all jubilee clips.

This may not be the most popular mod as most go for the STI i/c, but the WRX intercooler is noticeably larger. 

Next will be the newage undertray and Samco i/c hose (classic).

intercooler091.jpg

• Like 1

I believe so mate he did say he just left it just because it's hard work to remove it but Savage might be able to be  more help than I can I've not owned a classic shape or done this before :( 

On the phase 1.5 inlet the bigger bore metal pipe underneath the throttle body entrance (sprayed pink in your pics) has to be blanked off .

Otherwise it would leave a opening in the intake pipe .

I think in the forge dumpvalve kit you get a bung (for the intake pipe) and a plate to fit the dumpvalve directly to the tmic .

maybe look for a newage recirc gasket (if they do them ) and see if it lines up with the back of the dumpvalve .

• Like 1

Mines phase2 so could i. Remove that pipe as there's a curly c shape hose on other end where's does that go says i need a newage hose its hard to see where it goes as i just have inlet at mine

The phase1.5 has vac hard lines (smaller bore metal pipes ) attached to the same bracket the recirc pipe , so most people leave those on the earlier versions .

If yours are on separate brackets I'd have thought you can remove the recirc pipe and bung the "s" shape hose attached to the turbo intake pipe (where the recirc'd air would go ) .

Think the newage hoses people are mentioning are probably the y pipes underneath , but I've never done the conversion myself so hopefully someone else knows a bit more