Your thoughts on the BRZ

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

It's a very nice car, I'm loving mine you can see more here http://www.brz2.com/ or my facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/SubaruBRZ2

I would be nice when we get a few more UK owners to chat / meet with.

Nice to join the forum and Subaru Ownership ( I'm also a Nissan GT-R Owner so moving to the blue side)

post-168-0-84412600-1343633922_thumb.jpg

• 6 months later...

reading about what these chaps are doing with the BRZ in the Feb issue of Jap Peformance car mag, getting some nice improvements

http://www.litchfiel...performance.asp

Also, as the cover story, it covers this wee beasty which certainly puts the look of the car into a completely different perspective

scion-fr-s-gt-tuner-challenge-2012-sema-01.jpg

More pics...

http://www.forcegt.com/car-events/scion-tuner-challenge-custom-fr-s-gt-heading-to-2012-sema/

That look's.... Awsome!

But after having AWD and the cost to have that done, I think I would still stick with the Impreza

I have had a RWD before had a M3 for about a year, but I can't see anyother car will feel the same now. I've sold my sole I guess :)

Had a tweaked 200sx which I really enjoyed from a rear wheel drive perspective so will see if the flexibility of the dccd settings generate the same sort of tail happy fun - looking for best of both worlds really but if the finances permitted I would consider the BRZ as a second car.

Well I have 2 Subaru's here. So I sound really sad now :) Mind you nither cost the same to buy a BRZ in my defence :D

And even with a Lotto win I don't think I would buy one, a few more Imprezas. Then a toss up for a 458 Italia or the Aventador :D I have it all planned out just need to win now ;)

On look's I think it's a great looking car

I heard from someone else about the power being poor, and also heard there not going to bring the turbo STI version here to the UK. Not sure how true that is. Time will tell, but would be fun to have a RWD turbo with skinny wheel's :D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks great but as has been said its not a scooby. RWD most of the car's design by Toyota, sold as 3 different cars, Subaru BRZ, Toyota GT86 and the Scion FRS, it's a schizophrenic. TBH I can't see why Subaru got involved in this, it's a complete side step from their existing range and market and the car is not good enough to bring new owners to Subaru. They have compromised the BRZ too much to get any enthusiasts into it. It seems to occupy an even smaller niche market than the Impreza does.

They should have put the money in to a new WRC programme. That's what has sold the car in the past.

And why do I keep calling it a BRZee rather than a BRZed?

Subaru has a history of what is termed as badge reengineering, the saab 95 which came out that was a Subaru, Toyota Camry's being built at the Subaru plant in the states, they have multiple stakeholders which until quite recently included GM.

I didnt realise just how many people have fingers in the Subaru pie

• 2 years later...

RWD most of the car's design by Toyota, sold as 3 different cars, Subaru BRZ, Toyota GT86 and the Scion FRS, it's a schizophrenic. 

I thought that Subaru designed the car but Toyota did the engine management, am I wrong?  Additionally, is it built completely by Subaru, and Toyota just alter the suspension on their GT86?

• 2 years later...

From what I've researched it's pretty much all Subaru. Boxer engine, Chassis, suspension etc etc. Only input Toyota had was some cylinder head re-working, a little exterior design and a little more interior design

Having purchased one specifically for my local track where the layout does not require outright speed I am pretty chuffed with it so far.  Far more fun than my Forester STI 330 was on it and that was almost twice as fast.  The RWD capabilities on track is where the BRZ excels. If outright speed is what your after then  most definitely look elsewhere

Saying that I much prefer Subaru's AWD capabilities on road behavior at speed. Although the BRZ's steering far outshines any previous AWD Subaru I have owned even my Legacy Spec B Tourer felt more surefooted on fast undulated UK A roads. I often bimble around the fantastic playground that is Snowdonia so a great place to test a vehicles high speed handling abilities.

I cant see many swapping their traditional Subaru AWD's for one of these but if your looking for a small RWD pointy 2 seater (OK I know its got four but have you seen them? :tongue:) for the money it's got pretty much all the boxes ticked

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gambit said:

Nice I do like the brz surprised it's quicker than the forester but I guess shows you importance of weight suspension set up and aerodynamics.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

No my FSTI was almost twice as fast as the BRZ :bangin:

No my FSTI was almost twice as fast as the BRZ :bangin:

Oh my apologies mate I miss read that part [emoji23] did think it was mighty impressive to have been that quick. I know a chap who has the gt86 and he loves it not driven it but said it's really fun to drive. I'd love to own one though well BRZ version. [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• 4 years later...