End of the road for Tax Discs

Gambit

Did you know about the road tax changes   

14 members have voted

1. 1. Did you know about the road tax changes ?

• Yes I'm always up to date with the new laws
    • Nope didn't have the foggiest

Tar and chip is cost cutting to the extreme.....I'd rather have potholes to negotiate personally. At least you can pick your way through them [emoji35]

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Tricky one to protest against as bit awkward for first few thousand people who get legal action then if blank that they got a warrant & without full & total majority support it won't work .

We have same issue with local council blowing loads of money on new town hall project & excessive salaries & offices running costs in terms of IT equipment contracts etc, pointless road layout changes at ridiculous cost yet basic road surfaces are all a mess due to a decade of p1ss poor cheap option repairs :-/

I don't drive a Forester just because I like them but also as it good option on the pot hole gravel tracks they call roads & they good at driving over speed bumps & protruding curbs that these council clowns keep adding.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

As well as a Wagon, I have a Smart forfour Brabus, with Ronal Monoblock 17" alloys, wife hit a pothole last year, £320 for a wheel and tyre, she went to town this Winter 2 already, £660 already, the roads here in North Wales are !Removed!! :-(

Even some motorways have really bad pot-holes, the amount of times i`ve seen folk swerve to avoid them at 70 plus MPH is scary!

Hows about....to keep this thread going we each post a photo of what we think is our worst pot-holed road?

:)

As well as a Wagon, I have a Smart forfour Brabus, with Ronal Monoblock 17" alloys, wife hit a pothole last year, £320 for a wheel and tyre, she went to town this Winter 2 already, £660 already, the roads here in North Wales are !Removed!! :-(

My mrs is the same...when I'm in the car..,if I tell her there's a pot hole coming she'll snap back at me that she knows. If I don't point it out she drives straight into it and has a go at me. When I'm in the car I only let her drive now when I'm !Removed! and don't care lol.

Just read the first post and the bit about tax band being sorted by co2 emissions isn't entirely accurate (unfortunately)

As I bought a 05 plate 1300 cdti van for work 3 yrs ago as i thought it cheap on fuel and tax .

First time I taxed it got charged over £200 for the year [emoji15]

A mate of mine also has a 04 plate 1300 cdti only got charged £125 for the year even though they've got the same engine [emoji53]

Apparently my van can carry 2 tonne (gross weight) and his is only 1700 (gross weight) , so even with the same c02 emissions it's a different "gross weight" taxation class.

So my 80 hp diesel van costs about £20 less to tax than my £330 hp v powered classic

I'm sure that would work out cheaper for me in the long run but I do clock up some miles I love driving :D

But the fat cats cutting some of the duty on fuel out of the 4 different taxes it has already would be nice. And as you rightly said it's not road tax anymore to make the Sickerlists feel better about being able to ride on the roads jump lights and just basically make the roads that little bit more dangerous in an already congested world. The prick Camron hoping that it will make it easier to sell the roads to private business then charge us to use roads :angry: Feel a rant coming on ;)  lol 

• Like 1

I don't have a problem with cyclists it's just the few. Like drivers, taxi drivers, and lorry drivers I guess that **** me off. And are always the ones that you remember :D It's the swerving out or cutting lights or like the other day 4 abreast (hmmmm breast) And when they have a designated cycle lane but don't use it then slow traffic up for what I can only guess is to feel some sort of sense of pride :) 

The cycle path what I use when I can be arsed is about 5 bikes wide! And as for taxi's :angry:Well ive been a motorcyclist for since 17 on and off then lorry driving for about 8yrs so ive seen it from all sides,i wouldn't say im perfect but Im always aware ?Anyway back to road tax,oops done it again...Vehicle emissions 

Thats what I mean sorry we're not all perfect and it's always the bad things we experience from other road user's we remember. Same in some respects if you use a shop and the experience is bad or a restaurant. Ive only had two lorry drives do something to oiss me off touch wood lol. Country side cyclists seem to be the worst breed I face them every day lol and in the city. Just annoying when they don't use the safety features provided and helps keep the flow of traffic flowing. And in the country riding side by side or like the other day 4 side by side is putting their lives in danger. But I agree gone off track in true S.O.C style [emoji6] my vote subaru drives should be tax exempt lol

• Like 1

I'm using a phone at the minute in my defence lol. I'll go back and erect them later haha ( that was added on purpose [emoji2] )

And I take offence to calling you a !Removed! I've never done that :D 

Toll roads are brilliant but they can !Removed! right off!!!!!!..........we`ve already paid for them in our extortionate road tax!

It`s like going down the pub and buying a pint and then being charged for drinking it!

Lol the original idea of leasing roads & giving them infrastructure & congestion improvement targets with rewards from the vehicle excise duty is blatant stupidity. Simply tighten your belts & use the f00king excise duty directly on quality road infrastructure & repair & have a proper team review costs & quality of al contractors involved.

Trouble these days is everyone wants outsource everything in a bid to avoid the real headache of knuckling down & doing some real graft :-/ & being accountable for it.

With amount of cheap east european labour we got in the uk they have no excuse for current mess besides poor policy, poor local councils & leaders who are full of bloat & fancy phrases but would struggle to organise a paper round successfully :-/

That is correct, if you buy a car it will not come with road tax on it, you will have to buy road tax before you can drive the car you bough away, another change is you can now pay monthly for road tax using direct debit this is slightly more expensive tho. about £15 a year more.

Road Fund Licence is what they used to call it, as a con to have us believe it was solely used for the upkeep and infrastructure of the roads.

We now have some of the worst in Europe.....mainly thanks to the last shower of corrupt twats in government who spent next to nothing on roads for 13 years. Now we have a bunch that basically couldn`t really give a toss and regard the working classes as a nuisance.

• Like 1