my foz

stants

Haha I know never have my phone with me when I'm working on the car, 83 quid mate, it's quite thick and well constructed. It was a toss up between that one and one of the ptp blankets the cdf ones are 120 !

I'll hopefully putting it on tomorrow

That's what I thought but when you pull it around it doesn't align, looking at pics of other installs the cut out is to allow the bottom to fold round the stud so you can push the fasteners right under the collar of the up pipe.

It says it's for all wrx/sti turbos so a Td05 or a vf series is a little bit bigger and maybe aligns slightly differently?

a0ef85dd1f5306318a8a37e1accf2ede.jpg looks almost the same, it could do with being a little tighter on fasteners 1&2 but it's on and is getting a bit more pliable the more I worked it, I couldn't be bothered with the turbo gasket change so when I eventually get round to it I'll tighten it up

Yes appears to be, not had chance to do more than about a 5 mile journey at any point this week so not had chance to see if I can tell the difference in claimed spool up increase but it's keeping the turbo hot and engine bay cool, I can touch everything around the turbo and blanket.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers mate, £106 from scooby parts I forgot to ask for o/c discount [emoji35] but free shipping at the mo so swings and roundabouts.

Only problem I had was getting the rear crossmember bush to sit in properly, on bolt has gone in further on one side, by a couple mm. Even after dropping it out and reseating it wasn't playing ball so did it up and I'll have a look next week see if it has squashed into place.

I was worried about the torque values given for retightening, something like 70nm for thethe front 35 for the gearbox and rear crossmember then 107 for the 19mm outer arms ?

The 35nm values were ok but I would have sheared the bolts off the higher ones, so just did up to what it felt right then then another quarter turn

All in great upgrade, feels like a new car don't have to give it a stir when going for reverse now [emoji51]

I generally use a dab of threadlock if I'm unsure of the torque settings and ,as you say, just go by feel (que gambit lol)

my 6 speed has the ppp short shift and selection is fine but during "lead foot" I do feel a slight pull on the gearstick when the boost comes in. So I've been looking at the "hardrace" engine and box mounts and various types of bushes and diff braces .

I was going to lock them but after seeing how little force it took to release them I figured it didn't really make much difference as if they were going ro shake loose they would have done by now. Mondays job is the fuel pump all being well so i'll inspect them while i'm at it.

One side effect is that going into gear the engine has a little idle fluctuation now for some reason, fine in neutral though ? thought the clutch was slipping but after the 'in gear stall test' seems to be fine. Reset ecu this morning so I'll see how she is. Bit more nvh but nothing severe

Engine mounts are next on the list. Along with some nice front discs and better pads, maybe some braided lines

Then I can start thinking about mapping [emoji51]

• Like 1

Fitted new pump today, greeted by an inch of dirt on the cover

9fc8d556f1abcd5941a06e706266209c.jpg

Obviously never been done

86397d7495c8ecff5a85dd52fbc8d896.jpg horrible sock,

Note the blue wire and extra earth running to a little black box ? Cue a couple of calls (thanks clive)

Decision made to remove it all as had no idea what it was

Nice shiny new one

7d3da102eef1af7805bc63e7a4987a66.jpg

• Like 1

No problem adam ,if anything you taught me something new today as I've never seen one of those black boxes before either .

As for that sock even the one I kept under the bed as a teenager looked in better nick than that one [emoji5]

Anyways you can't keep having school days off fitting pumps and staying in cottages. ....

your supposed to be earning the money for that remap [emoji6]

Figured it couldn't be anything to bad, it comes out of the pump and goes back into it via the earth so no way of fitting the new one unless I spliced into the connector. So the old black wire went to the earth on other side of pump and the black box earth wire connected to it. Along with the blue wire coming from the top of the pump.

The guys as sheff subaru service reckon it maybe a voltage stabiliser, the only other answer I've found is that it stops sending false signals to the sender, who knows. Did yours have one rick ?

Anyway a hundred miles done since fitting and seems to be ok.