my foz

stants

Nah paid the guys at Sheff subaru service for the pleasure, glad I did as I'd have got !Removed! off haha. Mine was the least of there troubles last Monday,

Good garage they let you hang round and generally poke stuff along with general banter.

• Like 1

Nah paid the guys at Sheff subaru service for the pleasure, glad I did as I'd have got !Removed! off haha. Mine was the least of there troubles last Monday,

Good garage they let you hang round and generally poke stuff along with general banter.

Its like that at our garage.You get some right idiots that come in though

• 2 months later...

Been Been a bit slack on updates recently, caliper died so off to godspeed they went came back looking all shiny

0f0159b7ba9cc2b8d7b6144187464105.jpg

Whist on the shiny theme treated myself to this nice strut brace from whitline

1345372b05b17647bcdd237a27b5ce3e.jpg

Next up a wash and polish for Sunday

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

9d85786461a1ad420f999f9c2fcc1c20.jpg

steering rack bushes installed this evening

Old/new comparison

bf0bcc4ebdd8e685f3a8f33da88efa93.jpg

Initial test drive not much to report firmed up the 'dead centre' on the steering wheel and there's a bit more resistance on lock almost like having a slightly flat tyre.

Read lots of horrible accounts of how hard this install is but looks like it applies to new shape cars, got underneath mine and it's as simple as undoing the four rack mounts,

I would measure the width of the bush as there are two sizes, which it says late classics moved onto the 30mm width around 99

fda54c54641a17db4798e8276ae9c457.jpg

As you can see my97 car also uses the ksr202 30mm bush.

Easiest install I found is to undo all 4 mount bolts and wiggle it loose, it will drop around 10mm. The n/s is easy just pull off the old bush and insert new one,

The o/s is a bit trickier as there's no room either side of the rack to extract it, luckily the classics power steering lines don't interfere with the lowering of the rack and you can just pull the old bush down and out.

The new one is obviously a bit harder to get in, after reading about people disconnecting the steering column I thought there has to be an easier way.

If you lube up both sides of the bush with fairy liquid or some other lubricant that will dry, you can feed it straight back in the way it came out, so straight up and over the top of the rack, there's just enough room to make sure it all aligns up aboutlignst the front, then put brackets on and do up, found a torque spec of 44ftlbs so I've done it to that and I'll keep an eye on it

• 3 months later...

Group n engine mounts went in on Saturday, been rude not to seeing as it's the only mount that hasn't been changed,

Didn't take a great deal of pics but here's the 18 year old one upon removal dd523274636c0e28e4f10c0031fdd3eb.jpg

It didn't look too bad but you could compress it with you fingers,

The group n rubber is much stiffer could feel the difference as soon as it was started up, the for and aft movement has been greatly reduced and the left to right, before I could rock the engine slightly on the manifold but it won't budge, braking feel has improved too I guess mainly down to the master cylinder not moving around,

As for increased nvh that people have reported, it actually quietened down the engine due to being rock solid [emoji51]

• Like 1

Aftwr driving the 30 odd miles home I wished i'd done it as one of the 1st mods, even the cold start up 'slap' has quietened down significantly.

Got them for a ton delivered price had gone up a fiver over the last couple of weeks for some reason ? Rcm have them for 94 but by the time you've added delivery it's much the same.

I think of you've a stock system on then the engine would be a but louder but I doubt you'd even notice [emoji38]

Sounds a little deeper on idle though which is nice

• 3 months later...

Been a while on updates, last couple of months she's taken a bit of a back seat due to a house move,

So a few little mundane jobs like replacing some of the trim that the hand cars wash removed for me [emoji35] and getting some quotes for the drivers door after a !Removed! tried to attack the door with a screwdriver.

Anyway fitted an engine sump heater

11906a11f5b4bd5a30ede621123e268f.jpg

Cold start up time has decreased and all fluids come up to temp alot quicker

Been looking at installing a catch can for a while but couldn't get my head round what's what with regards to routing plumbing, as loads of different ways to do it,

I've decided to keep the stock breather system and go for a twin set up eventually, so new pcv valve ordered as it's a 30k service part ??

Less rom in the foz bay than impreza so I knocked up a bracket and did a test fit of where it's going to live

77c9e0b15a19771639bcdfbbc9dd6a7f.jpg

• Like 1

Looks good matey. Not heard much on the sump heaters so will have to keep us posted, bet it makes oil changes easier.

Just make sure to regularly clean the copy out as some times mine spits a bit of gunk on the drive when it's full :):)

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk