Overboost !

Ok I was coming home from work last night and on a stretch of dual carriage way as I gave it some... Instead of boosting to 13psi and holding it went off the scale and jolted back quite bad. Had the issue all the way back home any input would be greatly appreciated

Weston do you have original airbox or cone filter or ?I had a k&n cone when I bought my car and it was the oily type,and I changed 3 mafs in the space of a few months,till I reverted back to standard box and new maf and all has been fine.Some people don't have any probs but I bloodywell did!! Any codes coming up?Maf code 23 I think 2 long and 3 short flashes,but it doesn't always show up.

I got maf code but had that ever since I had the car cleared it and it just came back but wasn't over boosting. Also knock sensor code and I have a knock sensor just waiting to get it on the car

Tried to get at knock sensor last week and removed intercooler and turbo pipes but couldn't get access to knock sensor so I stuck it all back on then few days later it's over boosting maybe I didn't tighten pipes up enough :/ ordered some new silicone pipes so when they come Friday I'll check I tighten it all up good when I swap them over

Seeing as it happened after you removed the tmic have you checked the y pipe , turbo intake to maf and all vacuum for splits/ leaks .

Cos any leak between the maf and map sensors might throw a maff or map code, due to the discrepancies between the measured air at the maf and what pressure is actually in the inlet manifold.

I Clean boost solenoids by removing the pipes spraying contact cleaner in the ports and plug the diagnostic plugs together under the dash (makes all relays and solenoids click) to work the cleaner in .

You could try bypassing the boost solenoid by running a vac pipe from turbo outlet to actuator , which should give you "actuated" boost (0.5 bar) if actuator isn't faulty

Ok so I spray the solenoid with cleaner and connect green plugs to click it through. Left it a while. Put pipes back on fire car up and it's misfiring to f***k. After a min or two it clears so I'm assuming that the cleaner had to clear. Took it for a test run and seems smoother under acceleration as it was getting bad. Still overboosting wasn't quite as bad initially. I feel I've found the culprit. How easy and would it be worth it to take the solenoid apart and clean it proply ?

Update.... Problem fixed ! Took the vac line off at the t-piece and poked the restrictor pill out and it was blocked up with black !Removed!. Cleaned out the lines with brake cleaner just to be sure. Took it for a test drive and just like that . The smile was finally put back on my face again !