Help needed !!! Misfire top end on hard acceleration in every gear .. Well annoying !!

Shazad

Hi there I'm new to this page .. 

I have a Subaru Impreza wrx Classic 1997 import .. 

Theres misfire on top end on hard acceleration .. In every gear .. 

Changed fuel filter .. 

Took out the old spark plugs ( platinum laser pfr6b) and put in the ngk iridium plugs .. 

This made it a bit worser .as I've get a bit of misfire on idle and whilst driving in low revs low gear jerking .. 

Changed the coil pack with my mate from his car to mine still no luck .. 

Today I changed the fuel pump with a brand new one but still no luck .. :( 

any suggestions ?another mechanic suggested I take out the ngk iridium spark plugs and put a brand new set of laser platinum pfr6b that should make a difference hopefully fingers crossed which I will do tomorrow .. 

Can anyone help ? Any suggestions would be good thanx for reading  regards Shazad .. :) 

6 hours ago, Shazad said:

Hi there I'm new to this page .. 

I have a Subaru Impreza wrx Classic 1997 import .. 

Theres misfire on top end on hard acceleration .. In every gear .. 

Changed fuel filter .. 

Took out the old spark plugs ( platinum laser pfr6b) and put in the ngk iridium plugs .. 

This made it a bit worser .as I've get a bit of misfire on idle and whilst driving in low revs low gear jerking .. 

Changed the coil pack with my mate from his car to mine still no luck .. 

Today I changed the fuel pump with a brand new one but still no luck .. :( 

any suggestions ?another mechanic suggested I take out the ngk iridium spark plugs and put a brand new set of laser platinum pfr6b that should make a difference hopefully fingers crossed which I will do tomorrow .. 

Can anyone help ? Any suggestions would be good thanx for reading  regards Shazad .. :) 

I had a simular problem in my CRX.. Had a misfire for months, Couldn't boost over 11psi and could'nt rev past 6k.. Changed everything (almost) New coils, closed plug gaps, warmer grade plugs colder plugs, Data logging ect.

Then borrowed a set of HT leads and it cured it :blush: Rev to 8.5k and boosting to 16psi... I felt pretty stupid after all that lol

Glad yours is fixed :cool: