Vehicle registration

Craig- type r

Hi everyone. I have a v3 type r as far as I was aware they were built to order for the uk market being the gc8 code. My car was manufactured 1997 and registered in Britain in 1998. Were they available in Japan as well or does anyone have any idea of why it would have been registered over there 1st. Thanks, craig. Pic of vin plate not sure if that helps

IMG_20170806_090542.jpg

Think all gc8 wrx's and sti's ,up to at least v4 were built for the jdm market . We had the uk turbo 2000 , catalunya ,McRae , wr sport , Richard burns ect ... which were basically uk turbos with different trim.

Bugeye onwards definitely had wrx's available over here from uk dealers but there was different specs for the uk sti's they sold compared to the import jdm cars .

My guess is someone imported your scoob shortly after it was built for the jdm market .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Great thanks tidgy, only other problem is I can't find another one in the same condition. 79000 miles 3 owners almost full uk history and spent its whole life on the south of england until I bought it about 6 weeks ago. It was taken to an enthusiast who owns a garage and he said the only time he'd seen the underside of other Subaru's that straight was when they were new and advised me to remove the wax oil and put clear stuff on for sale. He also said it has the same make of tyres it would have had when it left the factory. I thought I was on to something with this car in the condition it was in but clearly not. Time to sell I think will end up loosing money if I keep paying insurance, mots, fuel etc

Cheers tidgy I've had the same problem asking people its ashame because the car has just became more hastle than its worth. The plan is to fix the few little niggles it has over winter and put it up in march after the mot possibly take it to a few shows. However if anyone on here has 13k to invest in what I would say is a very rare car then its theirs I can't b bothered putting it up and taking loads of phonecalls. If I didn't have to pay for storage/insurance etc I would be keeping it but I can make that space a lot more productive with something else. Car has certificate of authenticity and a stack of paperwork nearly full uk history. 4 years time I believe this car will be worth 20k and maybe **** a few people off on here but overall mechanically better than a p1 and possibly rarer (don't quote me on that 1 can't find numbers). Better investment than gold if you have free storage. A lot more to look at as well. That's about as far as my sales skills go I'm afraid so I'll check every night for posts and thanks in advance for any information anyone finds or for getting the word out.