Loving my new XV.

Norrie

After picking my car up yesterday I had a drive on roads I know today and absolutely loving the car. It drives really well plus I'm getting 50MPG. I really like the touch screen Stereo and the voice recognition for the phone etc. 

The only thing wrong with the car is its missing its parcel shelf/blind. I phoned the dealer but it's £250 for a new one. I'm hoping I can pick one up used somewhere. Does anyone know if an Impreza one will fit?

Thanks.

Norrie.

It's ok I managed to get one from the States for £50. It works out £90 all in including the postage and the customs. Not bad I thought as the dealer have me £150 off the car because it was missing.

I also managed to pick up a genuine Subaru boot mat as well for £12.50 and a full set of Subaru mud guards for £24.

I just need to buy a bumper protector now. 

Norrie.

On 06/12/2017 at 2:37 AM, Norrie said:

It's ok I managed to get one from the States for £50. It works out £90 all in including the postage and the customs. Not bad I thought as the dealer have me £150 off the car because it was missing.

I also managed to pick up a genuine Subaru boot mat as well for £12.50 and a full set of Subaru mud guards for £24.

I just need to buy a bumper protector now. 

Norrie.

That’s a slippy slope, I can highly recommend the protector trim for the top of the rear bumper as that gets scratched really easily especially if like me you have a dog. See picture below.

But I also got the stone chip guard and a couple of us on here dechromed the grill and badges to flat black which you might like.

82969B3B-524C-45B7-A6B6-45C962AEEC1E.jpeg

6E2FBAD2-6F7B-41BC-9823-FFFCC2B8F03C.jpeg

20 hours ago, Norrie said:

How much was that one? Do you have a link?

thanks.

Norrie,

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/fits-for-Subaru-XV-SUV-2012-Rear-Bumper-Protector-ABS-Carbon-Design-/301470970089?hash=item463111f0e9

That was what I bought I paid £40 for it.

I’ll let Swayze88 comment on the suitability of the one he used. What I can say is you’d be a fool not to have something because the top surface of the bumper will scratch real easy and Subaru’s tend to have thin paint. 

The official subaru one is very rugged and works as you’d expect but at a premium. To be honest any cover would do the trick, I just managed to negotiate mine into the purchase deal so that why I had an official one, not sure if I’d pay £80+ for it, though it does look nice.

On 15/12/2017 at 10:41 PM, Norrie said:

Would you recommend it?

Norrie.

Yes mate, does the job, the dog has jumped in and out the boot every day and it's holding up well, easy to fit with the double sided tape provided.