UK weather: Britain set for blanket of snow this weekend with Arctic blast lasting a WEEK

Gambit

7 members have voted

1. 1. Snow, major hassle or major fun?

• You Kidding? FUN!
    • I'm too grumpy to have fun.

This mornings school run....used my phone lol so can't see much past the snow on the bonnet plus it kept falling over!

Edit- won't paste YouTube link in?

Edit 2 - managed outside of tapatalk see below

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Got to a hill in Manchester, sat in the queue whilst waiting for all the cars to turn around because they couldn't get up it. My turn came, just drove all the way up no worries.

Did have a little niggle of doubt in my mind that if I didn't get up it I was going to look like a total knob, my concerns however were unfounded [emoji2]

well, made it back home after 3 hours on the road back from Manchester.

Uploaded a clip of the drive back, including me just getting a "feel" for the car before hitting the main road. silly woman making a dogs dinner of turning her car around. Me waiting in line while all the cars in front turn around because the hill is too slippy, soon sorted that out. 

Last little bit was a 4 car pile up and by the look of it there is a black Audi stuck in the hedge at the back of the pile up, barely visible on camera, I guessing he came steaming around the corner and the others were stationary and he just waded into the back.

They did have a good bout of snow at Manchester today, looks like we're just a bit too far south to get any bad snow yet.

didn't like that vid, just uploading it again

We didn't get much, just a dusting and it froze into sheet ice. Plus the gritters obviously decided it was too cold to grit so driving now is a mix of fun and scary.

Met a few 4x4 drivers who forget that although you can pull away better and corner better in snow and ice, doesn't mean you can stop.

When I went up the hill yesterday in my vid when I waited for the cars to turn around I had a Porsche Cayenne behind me who followed me, he had big fat road tyres on and he didn't make it, somewhat embarrassing for him as he watched me calmly drive off up the hill as he squirmed about, I didn't see him again[emoji39]

• Like 1