New Focus RS mk3 to be unveiled on the 3rd March!

thehulkster699

There a pic on Facebook today by RS Direct of a dark grey colour......looks fab to me. Has anyone else seen it, and is that the stealth grey option? Reminds me of the Focus St170 grey......?

https://www.facebook.com/focusRSuk/photos/a.387151191311277.113223.166991939993871/1070684589624597/?type=1&theater

I couldn't go white again, the blue would just remind me of the terrible mistake I made on that new Subaru Sti last year, black would be nice but hard to maintain where I live, so that grey would be the one for me I think......?

The new focus rs is awd with a twin clutch etc etc can deliver 80% power to rear wheels if need be lol , the sti is dead :-( and will be under 30 k I see the sti going the same way as the evo within a couple of years

The rally era is officially over ,jap cars are lagging behind now

The new sti has dccd I agree pretty old technology now but tried and tested. And I'll quote a guy I know who is a ford engineer and a massive ford fan " It looks like a kia" he also has subarus but he's not sold on it so seems a bit like marmite at the minute. Ive not looked at figure's of them side by side but I'd still have the sti over this rs.

When I heard the specs of the new rs I was worried but then I looked at it. It's awful, 5 door hatches look boring I can't understand why they don't make a 3 door option, this also let's down the a45 AMG and the rs3. It looks like it's going to be a great performance car but not a great deal better than the subaru.

I still think the best thing coming soon from ford is the new mustang maybe ill try a 5.0l V8 in a couple of year :)

It is a bit worrying that the hot hatch are catching up with and in some cases beating the new sti, I can only see subaru going 2 ways in the next couple of years and I think we will either see a heavily revised engine or the sti will be killed off like the EVO and what a shame that would be!

After the Mk2 it's looks a bit... Well, dull. I love the focus RS Mk2, I think it's a great looking thing, it's one of the few that looks as special as it is. Too many performance and halo cars these days are designed to look normal and boring. And this Mk3 falls into that trap for me.

As for the drive, I've never actually driven the mk2 but I hear mixed things. Some say it can handle the power through the front wheels up to 400bhp happily whereas others seem to complain about it even at standard figures. I'd probably say making it AWD is the smart thing to do. Seems to have a loose back end though from the vid which is good :)

I'd still rather have a mk2 though. Or even a mk1.

I had a look at the second generation focus rs's on auto trader a couple of days ago, there's hundreds of them and the cheapest are still nearly £20000. I'm sorry but as good of a car as it is, it wasn't exactly that limited of a production and these dealers asking that much for a 6 year old focus thats probably been thrashed all its life is ridiculous.

• Like 1

There a pic on Facebook today by RS Direct of a dark grey colour......looks fab to me. Has anyone else seen it, and is that the stealth grey option? Reminds me of the Focus St170 grey......?

https://www.facebook.com/focusRSuk/photos/a.387151191311277.113223.166991939993871/1070684589624597/?type=1&theater

I couldn't go white again, the blue would just remind me of the terrible mistake I made on that new Subaru Sti last year, black would be nice but hard to maintain where I live, so that grey would be the one for me I think......?

Do you think you will go for the new RS then hulkster? I've tried so many cars over the last 6 month and they all have good points and bad points. The golf R is a great car and they have been getting another 70 bhp with an apr remap. It just gets so expensive with a few options

If I had 30 k to spend right now it would go on a nissan r34 gtr. ' end of !!!!! Lol or 22 b lol

And it would last forever!..................`m 59 this year, been driving 42 year and until Subaru had never had a Jap car or even driven one.....although I did think the built quality was in a different league. I really can`t see me every buying anything else now but Japanese and if I had the money I would certainly go for the GTR!...........then I could really be a senile delinquent :lol:

It was funny though. Not sure what made me laugh more the guy behind the counters olimpic dive over the counter after hitting the fuel cut off switch or my brothers face after we pushed it over to the side in flames [emoji1]

If I had 30 k to spend right now it would go on a nissan r34 gtr. ' end of !!!!! Lol or 22 b lol

Add another 10-15k onto that for a 22b they are rocketing up in price at the moment, there was one for sale on ph last month for 40k I think !

Linky

http://www.pistonheads.com/regulars/ph-spottedykywt/subaru-impreza-22b-spotted/31472

Taking a look at the specs again basically ford have,copied,the subaru sti , as ken block supposedly had Imput on the design of it and he liked a good old scoob but will see what the chassis is like when we see some nurberg ring times :-) , the only thing im confused about is why all the big fuss , as the scoob and evo amongst others have been doing this for years , not like it's a brand thing lol ,look at what nissan had to do with the gtr to keep it up to date give it 500 bhp from 280 ish in 90's , I watched a video some were were the guy who designed the impreza was being interviewed and they were saying that it's basically a japanese m3 , so techniqually the new sti should have over 400'bhp fancy electrical 4wd etc etc , the more upsetting thing is why have subaru not kept it competitive and upto date ,maybe if they were still in wrc they would be popular and more modern it's deffo going to be out of production by 2020 lol bit off subject lol

I think the biggest problem with subaru is Toyota have to much input in to subarus designs. I'd like to see toyota do with the sti what they did with lexus and let them do what they wanted without getting in the way.

New octavia vrs estate

I've always quite liked these...the new ones are still quick and amazingly cheap on tax and fuel efficient...claimed anyway. It'd have to be the electric blue though [emoji6]

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

yeah i got a 2012 one at the moment, its a great car 

anways yeah subaru are being held back, 280bhp in a performance car these days is seen as slow! why ford have gone 310! , the Subaru will always be 200 odd brake and the ford 300 to simpletons in the pub boasting.

the ford will sell, they have a good fan base built up of years, went **** in the mid 90s with the escrotum GTi