Forza 5 Pre-testing Tonight!

Gambit

As I said last night I'm not fussed what tunes we use we use really I thought mine worked and like it that you have to take the corner right as it's unforgiving if you just try to launch them round. Sceptical as to using both tunes at the minute not sure if it will work or not. I'm not sure which tune dog was testing with the hatch but I could drive it spot on and I know most the cars I did was all within a few 100th's of a second of each other every lap I did with each car. 

Can use your's I don't mind I was hoping by now everyone would have given them all a good test to check how close to each car was on a lap. And choose from there. but will see still a week now before start. Only other thing I could do which would make the cars stable is just add the tyres regardless of a Class cap. Wouldn't be any good for playing multiplayer as it would be too low in the next class up but would be good for the league event only.  

Standard cars with race tyres and we all use the same car on a given race. Can't get fairer than that, no one will have a preference over handling as you'll get what you get. Maybe just add some extra horses but nothing you can tune. Then you get what you get and everyone gets the same. People setting cars up will set them up how the like them but that disadvantages the others. Just a thought

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I think we're complicating things myself. I don't like the clutch because the majority don't use it so does come a bit like no point trying to win and just hope they crash to pick up the scraps. I'm fine with the tunes as long as we're all happy not fust if its mine or ghosts. As long as there close on time's for each car. I also like the variety of car's being raced certainly makes the replays look good as you will see when it's been uploaded. Assists I can race with or without. I just think if people choose to hinder themselves with them it's upto them. I don't see any advantage from assists. But with only one week not even that we need to all kick ourselves up the !Removed! and choose whats the best route even if we have to go against what we like or what we want. The problem is I can't finalise the event for the other's until its been decided.

Bin class tunes, standard cars with race tyres perhaps just a tweak on power so they're comparable. Extra little power on the weaker cars would make them more competitive.

I'd really like to be able to use abs but not too worried about the other assists. I think it's up to people to as you say hinder themselves. Clutch use though does give a clear advantage over the majority that don't use it..

I think you're right dog. This whole tune fiasco is making it more difficult to set up. If there's no upgrades then there is no tuning. That way there's no right or wrong car. No personal preference or advantages.

If we need to tweak one car because it's pi is lower then let the individual tune it up to c class. Means there is less possiblity for major advantages with tunes.

Gambit you're right. We have until Sunday before the rules need to be set and finalised. We had a practice but that didn't clear anything up. If nothing can be decided about tunes I'd agree with dog again and say bin them off.

If a cars pi is 400/500/600 then they will be competitive despite who they're tuned by. My tunes carry less power and more grip gambits tunes have more power less grip. In my eyes that's equal and fair. I don't mind being taken on a straight because I can make it back up on a corner.

Spewed a lot of words not sure if any of it makes much sense to be honest. Final thoughts basically Gambit, you organised it so your word is final.

I agree but I don't think PI is that important, as long as each car turns out more or less equal lap times. Eg the 22b might only have race tyres, whereas the BRZ may have an extra 200HP and race tyres, as long as they're the same there's nothing anyone can or needs to tune. Some cars will handle better, others faster. Job done.

But I agree with ghost it's your party really so your call in the end

• Like 1

For the Subaru races, all the same Subaru with race tyres and nothing else done to it. No mixture, like your previous season everyone looked like they were in the same car. As for assists... bin clutch due to the advantage gain, rest I'm sure don't make a massive difference but most people race with everything off now anyway. That's my view

Gambit wants different scoobs on the track, which is why we will possibly need some slight tuning. I'm quiet later in the week if people want me to test out some cars that don't have any tuning options except tyre pressures which I can't imagine will amount to a massive difference.

I'll test in the nurburgring gp to get a better idea of how far apart they are as I can lap consistently on that track. This is how I tested the cars last year and we were pretty good

Nurburgring GP is a decent track as I can lap consistently within a couple of 10ths. 5 standing start laps on each car, ignore fastest and slowest lap. Average of the remaining 3 and you'll have a pretty good idea, this is what I did last year and we had some great racing in really close cars, but they all drive slightly different.

Ok, it'll be tomorrow before I get on but I'll run some tests, if we all do the same type of test on our most consistent track, ie you might favour Spa, I'm on Nurburgring GP, Rsebirn might like silverstone. If we all do the five laps thing you'll have enough data to see who needs a little more power to lift the competitiveness