a little project thread of my turbo 2000

davievtec

Hi there as you may know I am new to subaru at the moment
However I dont lack in expirience in working on cars over the past 12 years I have gained expirience in fixing cars but most expirience gained was from learning how to paint a vehicle to a brilliant standard I started off doing city and guilds level 1 and 2 in vehicle repair and maintinence then I started working for mercedes benz at the age of 16 and thats where I learned how to paint cars and refinish them to a standard mercedes benz are happy with then I went on to doing level 1 2 3 and 4 of vehicle body repair and refinishing and special paint effects, the reason for this paragraph is because my subaru is going to go through the most extensive work in its life time such as, whole new running gear new engine new paint and full race spec interior.

The car owes me £900 as I swapped a 1998 golf gti turbo which I paid £900 for my plans for the subaru are as follows

Engine and running gear :-

Sti closed deck with stroker kit and forged internals
Uprated injectors and ht leads
Uprated fuel pump and pressure regulator
New timing belt
Bigger turbo (undecided as of yet what one)
Full 3inch exhaust system decatted (purchased 2.5inch)
I will be running uprated drop links
Coilovers and strut braces and engine braces

Paint and exterior:-

17 inch oz prodrive alloy wheels finished in anthracite
Sti fog lamp covers
Sti rear clusters
Full smoothed badgeless (done)
22b style side vents on bonnet
Sti intercooler scoop (purchased)
General clean up of bodywork
Full respray in black metalic unsure on what paint as of yet
Window tints
Sti hi level spoiler (purchased)

Interior:-
sti clocks
sti front seats or evo 6 reccaros (dont judge just like them)
Full race spec roll cage
Alluminium door panels
Manual window winders
And speakers installed onto them if i want music

Thats all i can think of just now if theres anything else i have missed or named wrong please tell me as im not good with names

I will upload pictures very soon thanks for looking

Sounds like a good plan, are you doing a photographic build too, like each mod being done, I'll be keen to follow that

And I too swapped my mk4 golf for a classic impreza, and this is my first impreza too lol

Yeah mate pics all the way got some things I have to do to it needs new rear inner arches and outer arches so that will be the first thing to do along with the engine out lol

Ahh not bad then at least we both got a great deal lol

Heres some more photos mostly bad :(

eeaf05af-9511-4f8e-883f-2b437eba87b7_zps

Anyone ever done these panels on an impreza ? If so difficulty level ? And what are the panels called I cant think for the life of me apart from an inner arch ?

20130514_201135_zps4917a686.jpg

20130514_201127_zpsf1cab3b1.jpg

Here is the power plant

20130318_175320_zps82e87982.jpg

20130318_175237_zps91b01236.jpg

And when I couldnt take her out in snow :( in march

20130213_122255_zps18c757b7.jpg

I will get plenty more pics from then my car has been moved into my garage and dry stored

Now you have pointed it out to me I can see now Haha 

And I would be tempted to cut the rust out and have ago at a bit of bodywork lets face it, it doesn't need to be the best bit of repair work.   :)

Here is what I intend my subaru will look like soon (very soon)

Screenshot_2013-07-03-16-45-43_zps544baa

Minus the roof scoop and fit a sti bonnet scoop and change the front bumper back to a sti bumper with foglamp covers and that will be me happy I think ... opinions?

Thanks

Davievtec

are you fitting the 22B arches? i do like the 22B look, i think if your going to build a replica you have to do the whole lot, if your just wanting wide then stop at the arches and use sti/wrx parts for the rest

It's a plan later on, I want another classic saloon and I'll put the wagon in the back garden and build a shelter for it and do the work over a year or so, I've a few friends in the vw scene that have done some funky pick up conversions and it's not that hard really, you don't need that much more metal than what you have in the car already, the bottled window area becomes the rear window of the cab, then a sheet of metal under that to take it to the floor of the pick up, the bottom half of the boot can be a fold down tailgate or welded shut tailgate, the a sheet of steel for the pick up bed, paint and job done

Ohh watch this space gambit it shall be done

Would be happy if it looked anything like that was looking at rolling the rear arches and sticking a 22b style flare on the rear arches aswell to stance it up a bit but would need alot of work to get that lol

N yeah miggs that would definentley be sweet I have thought about going mental with the welder and using my knowledge on body repair and getting tore right into a project but for now the turbo 2000 is my project victim lol

Ohh and another thing miggs if you get a pickup on the go u have to take me a run in it I dont mind traveling just aslong as I get a run lol

• Like 1

Ohh and another thing that I dunno if it has been done but is it possible to get a boost gauge fitted where the temp gauge is and a digital temp gauge mounted just above the steering column ?

Davievtec

I cant see why not although I think it would he a lot of work to remove the temp gauge from the dash and replacing it with a boost gauge. I would think about a digital boost gauge rather than temp if dials are not your thing. The Apexi AVCR is both a Gauge and a boost controller that give much better control of the turbo. I had one in my classic and it was the dogs nuts.

They're not cheap but well worth the investment.

http://www.apexi-usa.com/store/electronics/avc-r/avc-r-boost-controller-black.html

Ohh and another thing miggs if you get a pickup on the go u have to take me a run in it I dont mind traveling just aslong as I get a run lol

Most definitely pal, I think it'll be going to a few shows if it goes to plan

I cant see why not although I think it would he a lot of work to remove the temp gauge from the dash and replacing it with a boost gauge. I would think about a digital boost gauge rather than temp if dials are not your thing. The Apexi AVCR is both a Gauge and a boost controller that give much better control of the turbo. I had one in my classic and it was the dogs nuts.

They're not cheap but well worth the investment.

http://www.apexi-usa.com/store/electronics/avc-r/avc-r-boost-controller-black.html

Ahh ok cheers mate n dials dont bother me I think it would look cool if there was a boost gauge where the temperature one was n obviously move the temp gauge somewhere else as im not a fan of the pillar gauges tbh I will look into them definitely though thanks mate