a little project thread of my turbo 2000

davievtec

It will remove the tint completely mate or standard thinners works aswell its because the solvent is single pack basically aerosol paints if you go around your car with a clean rag and put some thinners onit and wipe a part of a panel with a dodgy paint job it will tell you if its been painted with rattle cans (some paint colouring will go on the rag if its done with rattle cans)

I don't know why here. must be one of the most laid back forums I've ever been on  B)

Still waiting to hear about this Taptalk for mobiles not sure if that will let you see the forum chat window or not as the forum isn't up to date with it yet 

Yeah i used to be part of a honda civic forum and if you said one thing wrong the grammer police were on my back getting reported lol and i dont think tapatalk has a chat feature but that might of been the forums i was on mate

I don't see the point of being like that. We have set some rules but I would look at them more as guidelines :D So far think we have only banned one person from Newcastle but it was just strange, he would just come on and put on people's threads stuff like 

"Pee pee on the airplanes wing" just strange random crap like that  :D 

And it's not really a chat, more like Facebook when you update a statues but not as boring :D 

I have just been down to the garage and rebuilt the car so heres some pics ...

IMG_20131006_134613_zpsda53ad06.jpg

IMG_20131006_142003_zps889502eb.jpg

IMG_20131006_144409_zps1069c1fe.jpg

Any idea what this is ? I know its headers but are they equal or un equal on my car ?

IMG_20131006_144411_zpsa6b19484.jpg

IMG_20131006_145930_zps83d63490.jpg

IMG_20131006_151609_zpsd82ef910.jpg

IMG_20131006_153153_zps3190e083.jpg

Anyone know what this is for ? I presume its a breather for the oil catch can ?

IMG_20131006_152954_zps3f80461f.jpg

Great job a fair bit of graft gone in there

in your picture of the headers they are shown with heat shielding in place - that all looks original so I would say they are the unequal length ones which come as standard, also I have read that equal length headers make teh car sound like an in line four so if your scooby sounds like it should I would say that is proof of unequal headers.

cant help with the other stuff sorry :mellow:

Baileys valves are the cheapest new valves I've seen and can be problematic with some cars, the black bottle is a charcoal canister for keeping emissions down, should be replaced every 40k but rarely are, just gives a touch better economy when clean, I just pull them out and join the pipes together in most cars, and as for the crystal side lights, the late face lift as you have has the crystal headlights and fog lights as standard from the factory but the crystal sidelights are aftermarket only

Ahh yeah sounds like it should burbly and loud lol noticed i dont have a centre silencer aswell is this normal ? And i take it unequal headers are better ? Or is there no difference in performance and just for the sound ?

Ahh ok no worries never used baileys stuff before always had forgw dumpvalves and what difference does that make any gains or just to save replacing them ? Might just take it out aswell thanks

dump valves don't do anything for performance they just stop the turbo from stalling so it saves the life of the bearings a few years longer, exhaust wise the equal length will lose the trademark burble but gain you a bit of power, unequal obviously the opposite, if your tracking it go for equal, just road use then unequal, my system only has a back box with nothing at all after the turbo, VERY loud but gets people looking lol, as for forge, mines a forge dump valve and it's a very very loud whoosh from it, the forge ones can be adjusted with different springs so if you change the boost pressure you can adjust the valve to suit

• Like 1

Ahh yeah i ment the charcoal cannisterfor performance wise i will keep the unequal headers i have just a cat and a backbox by the looks of things will need to put it on the ramp to have a proper look at the under side whilst i underseal the whole car ... my forge one from my golf gti was just a 007p recirculation valve so was quiet my baileys one is pretty loud on the car at the moment but i want louder and people day the hks ones are the loudest ya can get lol

There are some websites that have a scale of loudness for different models, there are louder ones than mine but believe me mines surprisingly loud, it may have something to do with 1.4 bar of boost I have going through the system lol, the 007p is the only unit I know of that can be used on a vag engine without throwing up error codes

Ahh i will look into it and 1.4bar at what bhp is that over 300 im guessing ? And yeah the only one i hated it i wanted to hear a big loud noise lol just bought myself a adjustable fuel pressure regulator for the car aswell will order my wallbro fuel pump next week lol

I've never tested the car for power but the guy I got it from said about 300 but personally I think it's more like 250 ish, there's not enough mods to warrant 300 in my opinion

That's about 9.5 bar, what power are you going to be running, I've had a 4bar on a vr6 golf with a super charger running 350bhp at the wheels and that was more than enough, is it self regulating? You might wanna look into a fuel cut defender too, the standard map means it will cut power when it reaches more boost than it programmed for, an fcd will allow it to keep going, this can be dangerous for the engine if it goes too far so be careful of what your fitting and what settings you choose for the parts, I may be running high boost but I know not to be keeping at full boost for too long, that much boost for a sustained period would see a big boom from under the bonnet lol

Im looking at 450bhp and just getting that just to be safe mate and also a fuel cut defender will be getting fitted aswell i dont drive my subaru hard just like power lol im used to a 250bhp golf gti turbo and its a manual one mate im not gonna run too much on it either