I am tempted to take a look at this Forester.

Phil3822

Hi all, I am tempted to take a look at this Forester. I have a 2008 c max which I am not keen on plus a Mazda 6 and Impreza. Fancy swaping the c max and like this a lot plus close to me.

Tim Farmer lives really close to me so struck up a good relationship with him to look after my Impreza.

Just not sure, Terrible with decisions in general but looks nice minus a few issues.

Hope its ok to post the link. Not my car at all.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221901843613?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Could always take a look no harm in having a cheeky peek, would you be able to persuade Tim into going with you if you went to view it ? It's pretty much the same as an impreza underneath so all the usual checks & faults to look for are the same, least the suspensions been done as they are a common issue

Yeah, I could afford it. I think Tim would go with me as only 20 minute drive from him. I would of course ask. He has already seen the advert and responded saying it appeared nice from the advert but that says nothing I know. Seems an honest seller and like the interior. I am not good with decisions though at all, ponder for such a long time and when I go and see it I know I would fall in love assuming it is sound after an inspection and would buy. Would probably then regret though sometimes. Don't want to many fuel suckers lol.

It's been mapped at a guess unless that's just a power run print out ?, I see around 30-35 mpg on long runs from mine dropping to 25-28 round town.don't get me wrong if you hoof it everywhere the needle will drop like every other scooby. Sensible inputs will get good mpg, depends what your used to

I am a sensible driver but like to have power for occasional use and safe overtaking etc so MPG would be ok I think. Getting ok ish out of the Impreza. Appreciate the input. Looks like it has spent a bit of time with Scoobyclinic by the printout. Performance sounds nice. Air con and a few internal luxury's over the Impreza make it appeal to me although would keep both if I were to get it. Will sleep on it.

The 2.5 will have loads more torque plus the forester is geared towards more low end than the impreza, it's a nice driving position and people aren't as attracted to trying to race you everywhere, maybe give the clinic a ring see if they can shed any light on what's been done on it there, not sure what the belt change intervals are on new age models but it's probably due one within the next year or so

If rims willing to take a look then it looks like if all ok you'll be fine, the heads on a 2.5 were supposed to be a little weaker but if it's 10 years old and the heads haven't gone by now I think it soul be ok, just have to see what Tim thinks,

I'd get some prices for that lamp replacment as the ones from subaru cost about 380 [emoji50]

Cheers Stants. Going to have a look at it tomorrow with Tim. Mrs wants me to sell the Impreza if I get it though which is a bit of a pain. I tried to compromise and get her to sell her C Max lol. One reason I started looking at the Forrester is after got Impreza found out Mrs is expecting plus I broke my back a few years ago and sometimes seize up. I struggle to get in and out then. Not keen on selling the Impreza as already had some work done to and more booked to get it tip top. Also only had it a few weeks and never looks good. May sell the Mazda 6 instead lol. As I say I am bad with decisions like this as like to many cars.

If the ulimatum came to it i don't think you'd regret it if you did have to part with the impreza for the forester, I had to change from two to four seats due to baby arriving, chose the forester as it was a little more practical and discreet, I can keep up with a couple of impreza owners who have at least 100 hp more than me, and it has all the traits of the impreza but you sit that little higher

Yeah, appreciate the advice. I have 2 children already so that will be 3, 5 of us in total. I am pretty sure it would be a bit faster than my standard classic turbo impreza which is nice but happy with that performance but don't want anything slower. Is the 2.5 a standard flat 4 or 6 cylinder? I think I would sell the Impreza the more I think about it I got it. Shame but cant have everything. My Mrs thinks it looks like a hurst in black and lowered lol.

Cheers everyone for thoughts. I am booked to have a look tomorrow afternoon with the Mrs and Tim. Main issue is the headlamp and blowing bulb as MOT is up in November so does not give long to source one and sort it. Always cautious when being sold so close to MOT expiry. Just as well taking an expert. He is adamant he would prefer to keep rather than drop price which is fair enough. Would the window tints be from new or aftermarket?

Depends, you can get it as a factory option, but also like you say could be after market, easiest way to tell is the factory tints have passenger & rear quarter v dark and boot normal tint. If aftermarket i'd expect the boot to be a lot darker.

To be fair the foz has a lot of glass and I'd hate not to have the tints as it keeps a lot of the heat out of the rear. Plus people are nosy so and so 's

Hi Matt, assume you got hold of Tim? He mentioned you today.

Well we went to take a look and ended up agreeing a price for it. Very nice motor. In need of a little bit of work such as clutch (not just yet but high), headlight unit, power steering pulley, electric window motor and passenger wing mirror motor. Got the car for a decent ish price considering faults. Needs a good clean and polish etc.

Tim was a diamond. Gave it a thorough check over which took best part of an hour plus my normal checks and the Mrs etc. Got to sort out money, insurance and then collect.

Appreciate all the comments from you guys. A little extravagant considering just got the Impreza but a real gem I hope.

I loved it to be honest. The Impreza feels faster and sounded louder but this was more comfortable and refined but at the same time fast enough. We drove it on country roads and it handled well. Both Tim and I had a good few miles out of it. It was easier for my fat knackered body to get out of as well lol. I still love the Impreza but have agreed with the Mrs to sell it and maybe one of the other cars so we are left with 2. In hindsight I should not have purchased a classic impreza but newer imprezas were more expensive by miles.

Nothing against the Impreza at all but this is better in everyway for my uses. Added bonus is the car is fitted with some lovely component speakers, an amp and tasteful sub.