Nostalgic about cars you used to own

Tidgy

Was sent a link to this,

When i sold the car it was in pretty good condition, technically solid and bodywork was fine with no rust or dents (other than odd stone chip), in 9 months the new owner managed to crash it and go through two engines.

Is it just me or do folks get sad when they see cars they use to own getting abuse?

• Like 2

Out of my 18 previous cars I have spotted only one a few months after I sold it but I often wonder are they still around :)

Same here....my old mk2 golf gti passed me on the A1....had been slammed to the ground haha

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Best story of what I have was with my old Focus RS I sold it to all I can describe to some drug dealers. 2 cars turned up to look at it from Hull both full some with beers cans in hand too. I thought oh here we go I'm going to get rolled here. So now thinking I'm going to get smacked and have the car robbed I was adamant I was taking one or two down with me if it happened so I'm now on heightened alert lol. I reluctantly showed them around the car which was mint apart from few stone chips on the bonnet but I did and still do loved the car. But anyway I started it up for them thinking this is it one got in why the others all surrounded it and me. I'm now thinking first fucker to come near me looking like he's coming to do harm I was going to lamp :laugh: And then with that one said "what do you think" to the smallest and thinnest looking thing I've ever seen. He said he liked it asked his mate what was the engine like in his opinion he said it was spot on. So with that he looked at me and said he would have it was it ok to pay cash :ohmy: £8,500 car and was paying cash :huh: Anyway had the scoob so needed rid I was paying for both cars still so not going to turn it down. So I sold it to them. When counting the money I could smell weed all over it I think they felt more relaxed too when I joked about it :laugh: Anyway sorted the paper work out handed over cash counted it all there. gave them the keys off the went happily.

3 hours later I get a phone call, private number so I answer it

" Hello"

I get a reply "Hello is that Mr Gambit or is it possible to speak to him" I said "Yes it's me speaking"

I got the reply

" Hi Mr Gambit this is PC Groves from Humberside Police,I have 3 males in custody  I was ringing just to ask you some questions is it ok for you to talk?" 

So now shitting myself as I'm still insured on it as it was a Sunday too. :unsure: I said "Yes I'm fine to talk". 

He then goes on to ask me if I had sold a car today and who to. So I told him and he asked how much I had sold it for. So told him that also. Happy with my answers he then bids me to have a great day and puts the phone down. So now I'm really worried lol. but never heard a thing again but I had a homemade receipt that we both signed so felt happy I was covered. Few more days goes by and check to see if the cars on the road, and it wasn't and hasn't been ever since so I'm guessing it was crashed :chair: 

Doesn't even find the car now so think it's safe to say it's now dead somewhere. In three hours of ownership :cry:

Funny enough I know Joe from facebook :laugh: and met him once at Japshow.