More problems :(

cornish6544

It seems my car is just dying at the moment fix one problem and get 3 more.

First one- The central locking goes crazy sometimes when I'm stopped like turning itself on and off??

second issue-The speed guadge and suddenly just died no matter what speed I'm going it is just unresponsive but the rest of the clocks  are working fine

third issue-Strange ticking sound like the sound of an indicator but quieter can be heard from the drivers side and the sound speeds up and slows as the car does.

All of these problems happened today just from driving from my house to the shop and for petrol!

I know your pain my friend, found a serious issue with mine today! 

Re point 2, check the earths.  My speedo went nuts and was due to a broken earth coming off the sender from the gearbox.   Long shot but worth a look around.

Re point 3, could be something silly like big stone stuck in your tyre tread.

second issue something broke in the speedo and thats what your 3rd issue is the noise is the broke speedo,had a peogeot 206 with doggy speedo doing 30 mph would just keep climbing to 110 then when stop it would go down slow with a ticking noise.

Yeah pre 96 cars have a old school mechanical cable to drive the speedo . It might have popped out either end but if it is faulty it has a upper an lower section with different part numbers

Ticking noise could be a blowing upipe or downpipe join (They can be a pain to seal)

How did you get on with the other issues?

If it's not broke .....upgrade it 😊

UPDATE 

1.central locking sorted now was just a loose bolt causing the black box to move around locking and unlocking the car. FIXED!

2.the ticking noise seems to have gone for now still no idea what it was

3. The speed clock and the mileage counter both do not work but the rev's fuel and engine temperature all work fine, could this be the black lead at the back of the speedo came slightly off?

Savage bulldogs- Car is booked in for the old to new coil pack conversion on saturday costing me £400. I have checked myself for vacuum leaks i.e anything not attached that should be but i can't see anything so ill have to mention to the garage on saturday. Then of course the problem of using twice as much fuel :( ! I'm starting to wonder if i will ever have a week without a problem! lol

UPDATE 

1.central locking sorted now was just a loose bolt causing the black box to move around locking and unlocking the car. FIXED!

2.the ticking noise seems to have gone for now still no idea what it was

3. The speed clock and the mileage counter both do not work but the rev's fuel and engine temperature all work fine, could this be the black lead at the back of the speedo came slightly off?

Savage bulldogs- Car is booked in for the old to new coil pack conversion on saturday costing me £400. I have checked myself for vacuum leaks i.e anything not attached that should be but i can't see anything so ill have to mention to the garage on saturday. Then of course the problem of using twice as much fuel :( ! I'm starting to wonder if i will ever have a week without a problem! lol

And after all that, have a look at her, isn't she a looker😂😂

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

If its weak spark causing the misfire the newage coil pack conversion will sort it (much stronger spark).

i don't know what the going rate is for the conversion as i just bought newage coils and soldered them myself .

As for economy they might not have been able to trim the fuel on the dyno properly because of the misfire .

Fingers crossed for tomorrow fella[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-T230 using Tapatalk