Any one do Remapping???

Subaru786

HI guys

I have a subaru impreza turbo 2000 1999 it is currently stock just has 450cc injectors.

I was considering modifying the engine so purchased the following items.

VF 28 turbo

STI top mount intercooler

already has 450 CC injectors

i believe all it needs is a remap If anyone knows any cheap and cheerful places im all ears.

Cheers

1999 will have 440 injectors as standard. not worth swapping to 450's, if you wanna change em then need to go to 550's

o also recomend changing the spark plugs for 7's and also the fuel pump

Cheap and basic options

- Eculabs 

Cheap and no options and more expensive than above 

-ECUTEK

Stand alone and easy to map 

- Apexi 

More functions and pretty good system 

- Alkatec 

mega money and really really good system

- syvecs

I am looking to gain what I can from the mods I have listed if anyone has any clues what bhp can be achieved. As for launch control and anti lag etc I don't think I can have that on the standard ecu so looking for something cheap and cheerful. looking for someone who can do a remap and if possible swap the turbo and the topmount  aswell?

before hitting the dyno - factor in cost of a good service, oil, filters, plugs (with gap set) etc also check when the last time the fuel pump was changed - if it is the original consider a replacement, what state the coil packs are in. Point of note you can have a great engine ruined by a bad map so I would approach 'cheap and cheerful' with caution 

As Matt says - dynos are a reading of what the car is doing at that time in relation to the ambient temperature etc - so many factors affect the readings and the same car can differ day to day - but what you will achieve irrespective of the final power figure is a car matched to the physical changes you have made.