New to the scene hopefully.

Tpog60

Hello. I have changed jobs and now going back to a petrol car. My last petrol was a xvr insignia and was awesome. But looking at going to the subura scene now. 

looking at maybe the hawkeye version. My main question is anyone live in Plymouth who would be willing to take me out in theirs before I buy mine? 

Rob 

1 hour ago, Piggysniffer said:

Get a late blobeye with the 2.0 engine, 2.5 Hawk and onwards engines have issues that make driving a bit of a paranoid affair 😳

Shushhhhh you'll jinx mine 😕😬

welcome though, I just bought a hawk and love it 😊 not too paranoid yet.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Seminole81 said:

Shushhhhh you'll jinx mine 😕😬

welcome though, I just bought a hawk and love it 😊 not too paranoid yet.

Haha, maybe it's just me, I don't even have the Stereo on so I can listen to all the strange noises lol 

lovely cars tbh, but it's defo something to be aware of

• Like 1

Wotcha and welcome

This is the Hawk model I was looking at originally, prices have gone up in last couple of years though, might be due to all the breakers taking perfectly usable cars off the road :mellow:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2007-SUBARU-IMPREZA-WRX-2-5-STI-TYPE-UK-DCCD-WIDETRACK-GENUINE-46k-FULL-HISTORY-/252617265813?hash=item3ad1299295:g:lZYAAOSwcLxYGfGn.

Had a quick look and can see some twinscroll STI JDM blob options for slightly less money, great pieces of kit and you could do a Hawk front end conversion for £999 (see alternate thread :smile: )

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Jay762 said:

Wotcha and welcome

This is the Hawk model I was looking at originally, prices have gone up in last couple of years though, might be due to all the breakers taking perfectly usable cars off the road :mellow:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2007-SUBARU-IMPREZA-WRX-2-5-STI-TYPE-UK-DCCD-WIDETRACK-GENUINE-46k-FULL-HISTORY-/252617265813?hash=item3ad1299295:g:lZYAAOSwcLxYGfGn.

Had a quick look and can see some twinscroll STI JDM blob options for slightly less money, great pieces of kit and you could do a Hawk front end conversion for £999 (see alternate thread :smile: )

Allot of cash for what it is. Blob spec c would be my choice around that sort of money

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tidgy said:

Personally i'd look 04/05, updated interior so same as hawk.

But lets go back a step, is it a daily or a weekend toy? o also whats your budget?

Daily driver but my last daily was an insignia vxr with just under 350 donkeys. Max budget is 11k

Ah fair enough, if it was weekend toy a classic R or RA would be best, but daily def a new age. and 11k should get you a nice blob JDM or spec c. look for the later one 04/05 so has the widetrack and personaly think nicer interior.

If you can stretch the budget a bit then this one would be the one to go for,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2005-SUBARU-IMPREZA-JDM-STI-DCCD-WIDETRACK-IMPORT-/192034363516?hash=item2cb623d87c:g:ekAAAOSwux5YNC4P

1 hour ago, Tidgy said:

Ah fair enough, if it was weekend toy a classic R or RA would be best, but daily def a new age. and 11k should get you a nice blob JDM or spec c. look for the later one 04/05 so has the widetrack and personaly think nicer interior.

If you can stretch the budget a bit then this one would be the one to go for,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2005-SUBARU-IMPREZA-JDM-STI-DCCD-WIDETRACK-IMPORT-/192034363516?hash=item2cb623d87c:g:ekAAAOSwux5YNC4P

That is one sexy beast, I would possibly go for that, but the mileage is a tad high. What are these like for high mileage?

15 hours ago, Tpog60 said:

I am just lost on the wrx, sti etc.

i am not a fan of the blob eye but if you can change the front for 1k then that's ok. 

Just some guidance would be helpful. 

the 1K comes from this post - a coincidence or karma??  :yinyang:

There are a couple of threads on WRX STI differences and whilst the WRX shouldnt be automatically discounted because there are some really capable modified WRX's out there the STI has a slightly better package to start with as standard, things vary slightly dependant on year but engine internals, ARB's, more alloy components, bigger wheel bearings, bigger brakes are some differences.

11k i would look at a sti hatch maybe a 330s 

Hawkeye- I like the spec D as its subtle and discreet... Then the GB270 wagon is a fave of mine too! 

Blob - 11k... old car i would go JDM sti or spec C ! i plan on getting a spec c but the prices are just rising so im waiting for a crash price or buy a project as not spending 10k on a toy the mrs would kill me