Hello

RommelPL

Hello

My name is Michal, aka Michael. Originally from Poland.

My last Subaru was 2010 Forester 2,5X Limited Us Spec, I've sold it in October 2015 before I came to England.

After one year here, i decided to go back again to Outback, I really hate my Seat Leon...

I'm looking for nice Outback 2004-2007, 2,5 Premium(because insurance cost with 3.0 will kill me - last time I payed in Poland for my Forester 80 pounds per year ...). Last 3 days I watched 3, and I'm very dissapointed.

I'm still have my Fiesta ST 2006 in Poland and GSF 1200 Bandit here, I also love all kinds of offroad(motocross and enduro especially), but its really hard to do this in England. In Poland or Ukraine just go to mountains or forest, and thats it(now in Poland its much harder, especially in West Poland, because a lot of German and Dutch turist get used to come and do offroading in Poland, and Police is now everywhere). In Ukraine is even easier, when Milita will catch you, just pay 10 dollars per capita, and you can continue your ride... Airsoft, paragliding and scuba diving is also that's what I like.

I had a lot of bikes(staring from honda vt 500 shadow, Aprilia Pegaso, Bandit 600, Bandit 1200, Vstrom 1000, KTM lc4, Ktm sx 125, Ktm sxf 250, BMW g450x), some cars like BMW 5 series, Sclass 500(also Rover 25 - well....), nothing was better than Subaru.

Apologies for my English, still a lot of need to be imporve.

Some photos, and I'm think is enough for intruduce. Hope I will not be pain on the as.

bmw.jpg

ktm.jpg

subaru chorwacja.jpg

11080420_1029284600432231_9185395665422133806_o.jpg

Dobre den!

If you like off roading, I think it's called 'green laning' here, you could search for that. My friend took me to one place in Norfolk, saw one that was upside down and another one using a rope to right it.

There is also 'dogging' where you don't really need awd/4x4 but a big car helps :)

3ae14ba83bb6496224fcc8bf59c5c9ac.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Mark, I will check that.

I was looking on gumtree and autotrader. I've spoke with Eric few days ago, but unfortunately he doesn't have sunroof, and that's quite important for me.

Third photo was made in Croatia, on Rab Island. I didn't know about that route, that wasn't on GPS, so I decided to just go forward, after 45 minutes path becomes very thin. Later one guy told me is only quads path, and about 20 peoples come to see me, because on the end was a locked gate, and I asked owner to opened it for me, because I was late for dinner.

Mark D - I'm not familiar with that level of offroad. Since I come to England, I realised - Monty Python is not a comedy, is a documentary about England, and everything here is upside down - traffic dirrection, bus stops, laws(I was a lawyer in Poland), I cannot use 'continental' logic here - but please tell me, that car shouldn't lay on the roof, or this is a proper way for offroading in England?

1233.jpg

10420362_942829405744418_6461833358653535761_n.jpg

12334.jpg

I think there was too much added ethanol in the fuel, the car got dizzy :)

http://www.bywaymap.com/index.html

I found that, guessing the green ones you could drive down although looking at one of the green lines in my area I know it's just a dirt/gravel road so not all the green lines are challenging!

c830400e383a7c904f33db15aadf7f82.jpg

536655ebc6870557e40443eeae7b109f.jpg

I think for that area people paid to use, or need to become a member or something. I only went to look for a day, maybe they aren't always on their roofs! (That and the UK weather, probably why that car you were looking at doesn't have a glass roof :P)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wotcha and welcome!! Having spoken to a couple of 4x4 offroading chums they like any excuse to do a bit of winching so good chance that motor was taken past it limits on purpose.

One guy I knew used to take his 4x4 on Salisbury plain - not too far out from London but watch out for Tanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello guys

I'm looking for online shop, where I can buy whole suspension for Outback... Unfortunately everywhere where I'm looking there's nothing else, only Scoobie, Legacy and Forester. I found Sachs on eurocarparts, and few kits on ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BC-Racing-Coilovers-Suspension-Kit-Springs-Subaru-Outback-05-09-VL-/321493942276?fits=Car+Make%3ASubaru|Model%3AOutback&hash=item4ada884004:g:V5cAAOSwQItT7-V4

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BC-Racing-Coilovers-Suspension-Kit-Springs-Subaru-Outback-05-09-RA-/221525013604?fits=Car+Make%3ASubaru|Model%3AOutback&hash=item3393eb7464:g:784AAOSwQItUHz6I

Maybe somebody will tell me something about that company, BC? Because I'm not familiar with that company... First time ever heard.

And also those two have different mountings on top (Without Top Mount / Pillowball Top Mount) - so that mean I need to buy also top mount? 

Could you please also tell me what means type RA/VL, or provide me any website when I can educate myself about that?

And last thing - which one will fit my 2006 2,5 Outback? :D

To be honest I get used to one thing - cars for British market are sometimes different than for EU market, and I'm not talking only about RHD/LHD ;) Because I bought KONI set fot my Polish Fiest ST, and it was different.

Thank you!

I found that site also, but I found only rear suspension kit, 82 pound for one front absorber its a little bit suspicious... Quality is ok?

EDIT:

I just found on polish forum informations about those company, Guys using it in XT Foresters, and winning competitions, so it should be okay :)

Thank you very much!

11 minutes ago, RommelPL said:

I found that site also, but I found only rear suspension kit, 82 pound for one front absorber its a little bit suspicious... Quality is ok?

yeah pedders is decent enough kit, just need to make sure its the right fitment.

Remember a while back where they got a kicking on SN only to find out the person had been given the wrong ones by the supplier and they wern't suitable for his car and was clearly shown on pedders website. Talk about egg on face.