Takata Airbag recalls

Hi. I've had a look on the Subaru UK website and can't see anything about it. Do you have a more detailed address?

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk

I've just looked on the dft.gov site for recalls its lists the range of vin numbers affected so I take it if your vin number falls in the list then call your nearest dealer to check if the recall work has been carried out or not. I'm gonna check my vin number when I get home next week for the air bag and lower arms.

On 5/18/2017 at 10:09 PM, Fastboy67 said:

I've just looked on the dft.gov site for recalls its lists the range of vin numbers affected so I take it if your vin number falls in the list then call your nearest dealer to check if the recall work has been carried out or not. I'm gonna check my vin number when I get home next week for the air bag and lower arms.

I've been on the waiting list for a while at the Newcastle Subaru...they had one in for me, but then they gave it to someone else as I couldn't get the car in for nearly a month (bad timing, wrong shift, holiday, wrong shift)...your arms will be fine as you've got a STi which are alloy and not steel. I already checked into that with mine as well haha

I keep forgetting to check those when I'm home that's just old age creeping in ha ha. Nice to know those are ok then so just the airbag to look into. Probably be a nightmare for me as I work away all week mite have to fetch it down Cambridge to have it done , don't fancy that though. 

So I know about the airbag situation as I keep getting letters, what's the lower arm business ??

I believe some cars were fitted with steel arms and the recall will change them to alloy ones, due to rusting out. Now I may have that wrong, but it's something like that.

All non sti's were, sti's had alloy arms. mines had the airbag one done but not the lower arm one, need to book it in for that.

Was corrosion causing cracks to form and then they fail.

22 minutes ago, Tidgy said:

All non sti's were, sti's had alloy arms. mines had the airbag one done but not the lower arm one, need to book it in for that.

Was corrosion causing cracks to form and then they fail.

Is this all years/models, I presume ours are affected ? Do they defo change them for alloy or just renew with steel